Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Heaters and Babies

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Heaters and Babies

Now that it`s SO COLD, we`re going to buy a heater. The only problem is, my 10 month old is crawling and pulling up on everything. He`d get burnt for sure. Is there a way around this?
    What have you done with heaters and babies? I just can`t face this HK winter without one. My husband and I are cold people (even though I`m from Canada, there`s central heating inside everywhere) and need to warm up! Help!!!

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    How about those ceramic heaters? I miss my inverter airconditioner ...

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Shenzhennifer, I have the same problem here with my soon-to-be 12 months old. She is crawling everywhere and I only turn the heater on when I am literally watching her. I bought the ceramic heater too but I dont think it helps with the problem..

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi, last winter we put our oil heater in a playpen so that our baby couldn't reach it. It was a large playpen so no fire hazard as the heater was nowhere near the sides.
    Also, yesterday I was in Fortress (buying more heaters!) and they now sell Delongi brand oil heaters that have cool sides - i.e the heat comes out of the top. These can also be wall mounted. These would be a safer choice for crawlers...

louisouis is offline Registered User
    you can also consider installing heaters in the bathroom. (Heaters which are specifically design for the bathroom)

carey is offline Registered User
    How about changing your air conditioner into one that has both cold and heat function. It would cost more than a heater though. I am using a heater for my 6 month old now but would need to change the aircon in his room to prevent him getting himself hurt when he starts crawl around.

Not sure about in HongKong, but in the mainland, it costs a bit less than 4000 yuan for a good brand of air-con and heater.

Right, just read sherwes post, I remember the heater in my son's room now could also be mounted onto the wall. But I got it in the mainland too. I am sure you could get it in HongKong too.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Yes we had the Daikin inverter aircon in our previous apartment and it was fantastic in both summer and winter. I miss them. They are slightly more expensive and in my opinion, totally worth the money.

But if you are not thinking of changing air-conditioner (which will cost more than buying heaters), I am planning to put the ceramic heater in a raised platform where the baby can't reach.

geomum is offline Registered User
    We have the blower/ fan type heater which is perfect for a house with babies/ toddlers. The outside does not get hot at all as compared to ceramic heaters.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast