Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Running nose .. what to give?

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

Running nose .. what to give?

My 22 mnth old daughter is having a running nose for the last three days. Have not taken any meedicine from the doctor because i dont want to give her so many medicines as it is vcommon here for the doctors to give 3-4 bottles of medicines even for a small problem and secondly she just doesn't take the medicines. If i forcefully put it in her mouth somehow, she will vomit it out and if i mix the medicine in something like soup etc, sge comes to know from the smell and wont drink it.

Can anyone suggest what i could make for her at home to eat or drink which will make her feel better?

yonge is offline Registered User
    The pediatrician is likely to give you something like Actifed or another antihistamine. My son hates it so I have to dilute it in a big glass of juice. More often than not, I don't give him any medicine these days, unless he's so miserable from the symptoms that he can't sleep. Try just pumping her nose when it's stuffy, humidfying the room she's in, especially when she's sleeping, and keep her very well hydrated. Be sure to reinforce good hand-washing habits as this is a good time to teach her that she needs to wash her hands so that she doesn't make other people sick. If it's already been three days, she's probably already through the worst of it and should be all well in a couple of more. Hope she feels better soon!

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    I guess good old vitamin C works, plus lots of water. I don't give my son any medicine these days, I just let it runs its course. See if you want to try kids vitamin C - its quite tasty and they would gladly drink it. I get mine from IMI.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yea, i would just give her plenty of liquids. not much you can do with a runny nose. we usually just let it run its course.

manya_feb is offline Registered User
    hi, shweta, you can give homeopathy...give byronia and belladonna ...few drops four times if low potency ...if higher than give one time. Go to IMI in central if you dont have...also Aconite if it is beginning of the cold.

thanks everyone for ur advice. where is IMI? can u pls give me the address? and what kind of things do they sell? Do they have an online store?

Also, is there a similar product available at watsons or mannings? Bcoz travelling to central is quite a hassle for me.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    careful of giving too much medicine though unless your little one has other symptons. runny noses are pretty standard at that age and can usually just clear themselves up with a little patience....