Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Pros and cons of DB?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone. It is of course so much about individual opinion and I didn't want to spark off a HK Island vs. DB debate. I was particularly interested to hear from people who have lived in DB themselves as myself, having never lived there but having lived in Midlevels and NT, had my own prejudices to get past - most of which were probably unfounded.

To me it seems about convenience for kids activities. A reasonably priced club to join with kids pool, indoor playroom and gym for me is a big bonus. It would be hard to find all of those things in an apartment complex on HK Island and HKCC and HKFC, although great for that kind of thing, are too expensive for us to join. Also the open space of parks which you can get elsewhere but probably not within a 5 min walk from home as can be the case in DB.

Still to look at places in Pokfulam. I am more keen to look there than hubby is. All about budget for rental too.

Thanks again
    SB2

cookie09 is offline Registered User
    starbucks you might also consider park island. kind of like db but more convenient transport wise and better club facilities

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks cookie. Never heard of Park Island. Where is it please? We have friends in Midlevels, DB and Pokfulam so had considered those first so easier to arrange catch ups with friends and playdates but doesn't hurt to consider elsewhere.

carang is offline Registered User
    Park Island is on Ma Wan. It is more densely built than DB, but they have a bus to Tsing Yi and either a bus or ferry to Tsuen Wan (can't remember which).

Personally, i think it would be far less convenient than DB, not because of ferry/bus access but because there isn't much else there. DB at least has a fairly wide selection of restaurants (when we lived there, there was something like 16 restaurants in db), plus all of the children's activities that are available right in DB. I don't know how much of this is true for PI.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yeah, not much on park island at all. It`s nice there, but that`s about it - a few restos, a PnS, and a couple of attractions and you`re all done. Plus, I have seen the layouts of the apartments there and they`re pretty small from what I remember.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234