Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helper Agency

WLT
    WLT is offline Registered User

Post Helper Agency

I am wishing to employ a Helper, can anyone recommend an Agency to go though.
    Thanks

southside852 is offline Registered User
    there are a bunch of posts on this website about agencies so i would suggest you do a search.

we used Asian Charm and thought they were pretty good!

Rm 803, 8 Floor, Chung Ying Building
    20/20A Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan
    Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2543-4982 Fax: (852) 2857-9523
    [email protected]
    Request: Baby

yonge is offline Registered User
    We used Trump Line Consultants to transfer someone that we wanted to employ to Hong Kong for HK$4,800. I really like them, because they don't do the common (but illegal) thing of placing the burden of the administrative costs on the domestic helper, which should be born by the employer. They were very honest and told us upfront what all the charges are for, which if you're new to this, can be eye-opening:

Trump Line Consultants
    Suite 202, 2/F, Sunwise Mansion
    112 Wellington Street
    Central
    Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2479 7098
    Fax: +852 2479 3830
    Mobile: +852 9043 8300
    Email: [email protected]

Look for Dulcelina Cadiz Mendoza.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

We appreciate Arrow

I recommend Arrow because they are:

1) A small family-owned and run business

2) Are deeply involved in not only the selection but also the training of their own helpers--they travel to the Philippines every couple of months to work with a Philippines agency (this is legally how it must be done--they have to partner with an agency there) to interview and train the helpers they have on their roster.

3) Their database of helpers is likely less than 100 instead of the thousands of faceless data forms that most agencies deal with.

4) The owners are expatriates that have lived in Hong Kong for over 20 years and understand what expatriate clients may be looking for and special challenges they may encounter.

5) The office staff includes both Chinese and Philippina staff so that communication between the helpers and employers is more effective and disagreements can be resolved easier. The staff also speak English.

6) They commit to refund your money (at least in part) for the term of the full contract (2 years). If you have to replace your helper for any reason that can't be worked through in less than 3 months you can get a full refund. After three months you can still get a partial refund or a different helper arranged for.

7) They follow-up with the helper's performance for at least the first month--checking weekly with the employer and helper to make sure everything is running smoothly and to help out if needed (for us, our helper has been with us for three months and I just received a courtesy call last week to check on her performance which really takes a lot of pressure off of me and helps with communication)

8) They support their helpers outside of the home--help them adjust to Hong Kong and get connected to positive influences here. If a helper should be terminated for any reason, they don't just leave them out on the street but help them. They also provide them with social contacts in HK.

9) They provide a full service including taking the helper to file for HK ID card and picking it up, picking the helper up from the airport and bringing her to your home and giving a short orientation, helping you with some tips to help the employer/helper relationship get off to a good start (cultural counseling, if you will)

10) Their charge for this full service is around $3,000 HKD.

11) In order for any helper to be listed with them they have to be referred by a helper in Hong Kong who has already been employed by them and done well. This means that not every helper can make onto their lists--they are selective about who they choose.

12) They have very thorough background information on all of their helpers and are open and honest about both the helpers' strengths and weaknesses. We were told about one helper we were considering, "We feel that while she is very good at preparing food and tending to the home, she may not be as good with children as others." It is evident that they take time to try to develop and train their helpers and that they know more about them than simply what is on their bio form.

13) The staff takes the time to sit down with you and explain everything--for us, as we were hiring a helper for the first time, this was invaluable. I appreciate their professional and helpful manner.

Good luck! We are very happy with Arrow and their continued support as we adjust to the Employer/Helper relationship.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    We have also used Arrow and are very very happy with them. Our helper has been with us for a week now and the agency is very supportive -I'm expecting a follow up call in the next couple of days. Plus, the owners are nice people and are very frank about what we could expect and how they could help us -- very reassuring as it's our first time hiring a helper of our own. I'd definitely recommend arrow - and you can have a look at the ladies they currently have online so you dont have to waste your time going down there if there isn't anyone you think would be the right fit for your family.
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    I recommend Arrow as well. Our new helper is really great, I am so thankful for that since there are some shocking stories out there!

The only complaint I have about Arrow is that they are not terribly organized. You need to be really proactive in the whole process otherwise they sometimes forget things. Nevertheless, I can live with that, as long as the helper is good!

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    I forgot to add, another big plus for me was that I could conduct the interviews over Skype sitting at home! I have never been to their office, and my husband really just went once to sign the contract after I picked my lady. I liked that, since I really don't have the time nor energy to go from agent to agent, browsing through profiles and viewing video clips and listening to those agents' hardselling talks.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    I agree with soon2bmom -- they're not exceptional when it comes to organization. There was a bit of paperwork we went back and forth with that I needed, then didn't need, then needed to submit which resulted in the visa getting delayed but as the pp said, you need to be a bit proactive yourself and this won't be ab issue. 5 stars for pretty much everything else though!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast