Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

dry winter skin

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Thanka2, thanks for your valuable advise too! Can lite baby oil be used on them right after their baths, like the cream you are using to massage together with the water?

Will check out Cetaphil & aqueous cream today at Mannings, since it sounds so incredible! :)

Query is offline Registered User
    the sugar water is actually quite diluted - your baby should not come out sticky at all. I put about 3 tablespoon in a large baby bath tub (not the NB ones).

And I can tell you, I've tried most of the products mentioned here, the aqueous cream, the QV oil, the QV intensive moisturiser, the mustela products and none beats melted slab sugar!! You really must try it to find out. If wary, try it on yourself first - your hubby will definitely love your soft skin after your shower!!

Quote Originally Posted by Query View Post
    the sugar water is actually quite diluted - your baby should not come out sticky at all. I put about 3 tablespoon in a large baby bath tub (not the NB ones).
    There are several sizes of tubs for different ages?? I didn't know that!!! :b

I am using the the blue one from Ikea now. What size is that, NB?

Quote Originally Posted by Query View Post
    So just warm water + sugar water? What about the cleaner? Or no cleanser? So do I wash her face first with the tub of water, then hair, then put her in the bath, then towel dry followed by moisturizer?

NB means newborn. These tubs last only for about the first 2 months then your baby becomes too big for it. I got my bigger tubs from B2B.

When my son was young and not moving about too much, i would use just use sugared water with a couple of squirts of qV oil - no soap or shampoo as they dont sweat much, esp now it's winter.

Now he's bigger and running about, in addition to the sugared water and QV oil, I use either the cetaphil cleanser for washing his hair and body (if his skin is not very dry) or the aqueous cream for doing the same (if his skin is esp dry).

What I found is that even if I bathe him with all of the the above skincare products but not in the sugared water, his skin will not be as moistured and soft and is still quite rough and dry. So I cant do without the sugared water at all!! You will immediately see the difference after the bath!

After the bath, i rub AV intensive moisturiser on him (this is a bit like vaseline only not as thick). Not sure whether sold in HK, I got these in Oz.

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    For sugared water, you just put sugar in water?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam228 View Post
    Thanka2, thanks for your valuable advise too! Can lite baby oil be used on them right after their baths, like the cream you are using to massage together with the water?

Will check out Cetaphil & aqueous cream today at Mannings, since it sounds so incredible! :)
    Baby oil is definitely not as effective as thick cream--it rubs off easily too. Also, baby oil has scents added to it--frankly, I never use baby oil as it irritates my skin more.

Cetaphil is not a facial cleanser--yes, they do have a facial cleanser now but cetaphil (and there are other brands like it) is a thick skin cream and also comes as a cleanser.

Also, try this--put oatmeal in your baby's bath water--it is really soothing for the skin--one of the few things I've ever tried that completely took itching away. There are some skin creams like Aveeno that also use oatmeal but since they likely have other scents added are probably not good for troubled skin. Oatmeal does work, though. Dump a cup of oatmeal in the warm bathwater, let it sit for a few minutes and then soak the baby in it. Pat the skin to remove any chunks of oatmeal and then put the cream on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast