Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

dry winter skin

reei is offline Registered User

dry winter skin

help,, my bb's skin is very dry during winter. so dry , that she has to wake up in the middle of the night to scratch her tummy. i 've tried, sebamed, kiehl, lanolin cream but.. not effective. i bath her on alternate days , hot water with olive oil, but still her skin is dry.

please advise what to do . thanks.

geomum is offline Registered User
    I think you should see a dermatologist if her skin is so dry as it maybe eczema or the beginning of it. Alternatively try Physiogel, I have been using it on my daughter and I think it is really great. For more info see the website:
    Physiogel? - care in harmony with your skin

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Hi, Reei,

If your baby girl's skin is simply 'dry' due to the dry winter weather without any rashes or spots, like my baby boy, I would recommend using the Mustela's COLD CREAM. This is the brand I have been using on my baby boy since he was 2 months old, when his facial skin was as rough as a sandpaper. After applying the COLD CREAM on his face for a couple of days, his skin became soft. Now I rely heavily on this cream to keep his facial skin from being dried-up. COLD CREAM is a bit thick but very good for softening my baby's dry skin. For day-to-day maintenance, I use Mustela's Bebe Facial Cream, which is less thick than COLD CREAM.

But, if there are any rashes or spots are seen on your baby girl's face, I would suggest you take her to see a dermatologist or a GP. I wouldn't recommend any cream without medical advice on her, which might worsen her condition.

Hope it helps.

thanks geomum. will check out physiogel.

thanks ox jess.. will be considering this too.

yonge is offline Registered User
    You might also want to try pharmaceutical grade, generic Aqueous Cream. I get them in 500g tubs at Mannings or Watson's. We slather it on the children after their bath which they take before going to bed. We also reapply throughout the day whenever their skin is dry. My husband had pretty severe childhood eczema and both children had mild infant eczema, so our family doctor recommended this since their birth as a precaution.

If you're using a heater in the children's room, try to use one with a humidifier or use it along with humidifier. You might also switch from baby soap to a non-soap cleanser, such as Cetaphil for her bath. Hot water is also more drying, so try a comfortably warm instead of hot bath. I use a heater in the bathroom so that it doesn't feel so cold even when the bathwater is only warm. Good luck!

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Yonge,

Is Cetaphil ok for babies?

yonge is offline Registered User
    @Miriam228, A paediatrician prescribed Cetaphil for me over thirty years ago, so I think the answer is still yes! Good luck!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast