Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please Suggest Another Good Kindergarten Similar to St. Catherine's Kindergarten

iqaganda is offline Registered User

Please Suggest Another Good Kindergarten Similar to St. Catherine's Kindergarten

Hi there. My little daughter is turning K1 this coming September 2010 and I was interested with enrolling her in St. Catherine's International Kindergarten in Kowloon Tong. I'm a teacher myself and I've been to a lot of Kindergartens here in Hong Kong and I find St. Catherine's the best, especially when it comes to the children's attitudes and manners. It's very important to me and my family.

However, when I checked online their website, it was posted that the application for the next school year is already closed. This is my first time to find a suitable Kindergarten for my little daughter and I never knew that finding a place in a good Kindergarten is this stressful.

Can you please suggest schools around Kowloon and New Territories area that are similar to St. Catherine's? By the way, we live in Tsuen Wan, and a Kindergarten closer to our place is better as well. Thanks!

Rica

arleneli is offline Registered User

Hi

If you really are interested to enroll, you could try to write to them to see if they would arrange an interview for your kid. The interview date has already passed but they havent announce their placements yet. Some of my friends are still waiting for the result. Make sure you state out why you didnt apply in the first place.

arleneli is offline Registered User

Because of the baby boom in 2007, the K1 spaces are very very limited. You'd better act quickly.

carang is offline Registered User

other than "good manners in the children" what are you looking for in a kindergarten?

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

Places for 2010 Kindy is very tight this year because of the many babies born that year as arleneli said, and many schools are no longer accepting applications as its quite late in the process. You may want to try places like YMCA in TST, I can't say its like St Catherine's but its a reputable kindy and they don't have application periods,so you can still apply. Might want to check if they have a waiting list too.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User

I'm afraid most of the local KG has already completed 2010 K1 interview by December. Some KGs have good reputation as SC, e.g. HKPS, Victoria, Learning Habitat. I guess they might still have places for PM class. You might try.

Elise is offline Registered User

St Catherine's offers a western approach to learning how to read and write. They endorse a learning approach that instills sound understanding of skills and processes, and confidence. These qualities are highly sought after by such schools as DGJS, CIS, and therefore St Cath's students almost always are successful in P1 interviews. The bottom line - seek out kindergartens that offer a similar curriculum (particularly reading and writing of English), communicates to parents that rote-learning, textbook-bound children are not the desired outcome, and expects and achieves high standards. PIPS, Tutortime

carang is offline Registered User

while i looked for a school that my son would be HAPPY in, that he would ENJOY going to, that would allow OUTSIDE playtime, that had CARING teachers....to me, THOSE were what are important, not how they teach a 3-4 yr old how to read. learning to read can come later (if your child is not inquisitive and doesn't want to learn earlier).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast