Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Change any brand of formula at 6-month-old???

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Change any brand of formula at 6-month-old???

Hello, my son is turning to 6 months old in 2 weeks and he has been feeding on a Japanese brand formula "SNOW" since he was 2 months old. He is healthy and putting on weight. I don't see anything wrong with the SNOW formula but I wonder if I should continue giving him the same formula or if I should change to another one when a baby reaches 6 months? If I should change, I intend to shift him on an organic brand HOLLE. Any mums here can offer any experience or advice? And any mum is feeding their baby with HOLLE organic formula?

Thanks.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I`m using Bellamy`s organic formula, Step 2.
    I think the main difference from step 1 to 2 is that the step 1 (0-6 months) formula is fattier and the step 2 is designed to complement solid foods. I started feeding my son a Japanese formula (0-9 m) from around 7-8 months but did so because I already had it here and also he was a bit thin so wanted to fatten him up a bit. After a month or 2 I switched him to the step 2.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Just one thing to remember your son may not like the new formula. My son had Enfamil when we lived in HK, but when we returned to Australia I had to change as Enfamil is no longer available in Austraila. I too chose the Bellamy's Organic but my son wouldn't drink it. I spoke to a midwife who advised me to get something as close to the Enfamil which was Karricare. So you may have to experiment a bit and I would suggest by the small tins to do a taste test. But hopefully you won't have any problems, my son was just fussy!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yeah, I had my son reject some formula a couple of weeks ago (had to borrow someone else`s). If you know anyone with the formula, you can try it out first to see if your baby likes it. That`s what I did before I bought the Bellamy`s.