- 11-25-2009, 04:43 PM #1
My 4.5 month old baby occasionally spits/vomits whilst being burped or waiting to burped, either lying down or in a sitting position. Why is that so? Is it to do with the way we burp her? (Whacking her too hard, maybe?!)
- 11-25-2009, 04:54 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Hong Kong
It's normal, that's why babies have to be burped ... to get rid of the air/gas in the stomach. But if she has projectile vomit, then you need to watch and monitor her to see if it's anything serious.
- 11-25-2009, 08:13 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Tsuen Wan
Is she drinking formula? It could be that she`s just drinking a tad bit too much and is spitting it up. young babies often don`t always know when to stop drinking.
- 11-25-2009, 09:52 PM #4
miriam, that's what my mum always called "spit up". it is very normal and nothing to be worried about. as far as i know, all babies do it.
but, as obiwan said, if it is projectile vomit (where it shoots straight out and for quite a distance), then you need to see a doctor.
- 11-26-2009, 10:25 AM #5
Whether spitting or vomiting, it was after direct BM feeding. She spits more than she vomits. She vomited (projectile) twice after being breastfed; but she didn't drink too much though!
Is this still normal?
- By louisouis in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 7Last Post: 04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
- By fingerscrossed in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 6Last Post: 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
- By smo0262 in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
- By Sandra & Evan in forum Everything ElseReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:58 AM