Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recommendation for moxibustion

moomoo is offline Registered User

Recommendation for moxibustion

Hi there,
    I am almost in my 36th week of pregnancy now and baby is still breeched. Was going to try moxibustion and wondering if anyone has had experience of doing that and any accupuncturist to recommend.
    Did try calling a Ms Gianna Buonocore at IMI/Matilda who is unfortunately out of town till mid Dec.
    Thanks in advance!

Query is offline Registered User

I did mine by myself using a little reseach from the internet. Not sure if it was due to moxibustion but the baby did turn around the 36th week after starting the treatment from the 33rd week.

Accupunturist - you can try Dr Troy Sing (tel: 2526 7908).

Query,
    did you actually do the moxibustion yourself at home? i read that on the internet but did not quite think about doing so myself. Where had you get the 'mugwort' incense from? and did u just use the method of placing it very close to your baby toes or actually resting the incense on the toes itself? pls englighten me...
    I also did enqurie with the Troy Sing clinic but one nurse mentioned something like I had to do a series of accupunture treatment before moxibustion can be done. That frightened me off abit cus i was not quite mentally prepared to be pricked by needles..
    thanks!

Query is offline Registered User

yes, i did it myself at home. I bought the incense sticks from a chinese medicine shop in causeway bay. it's called "ngai teel" in chinese. Sorry i am not able to write it.

I just used the method of placing it very close (about 1cm away - as long as you feel the heat, it should be fine) to your baby toes (just below the little toenail if I remember correctly). You cannot rest the incense on the toes itself, you will get burnt!!

Dear Query,
    Thanks very much for your guidance. I will continue to try and get an appointment with an accupunturist to at least show me once how its done lest i do more harm than good. :)
    Good to hear your experience though.
    Thanks again!

newbiekt is offline Registered User

Try Cecilia The at the Vitality Center in Central or she also does appointments in DB. Tel 2537 1118. She is excellent and treated me throughout my first pregnancy and now in my second. She turned a friend of mine's breech baby with acupuncture!

newbiekt,
    thanks for the recommendation! I in fact, did already try to get an appointment with Cecilia who was unavailable. Was referred to Michelle (i think she's somewhat new there) and she did the moxibustion for me over the weekend. Took some sticks home and have been doing it myself. Let's see if moxibustion works for me when I go see the obstetrician this Thursday! Keeping my fingers crossed!