Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

SPOTLIGHT closing end of december

Frenchy is offline Registered User

SPOTLIGHT closing end of december

Some of you might know already, Spotlight at Megabox is closing end of december... They are discounting everything at 20%, plus more discounts on lots of items.
    If anyone hears that they are opening back somewhere else, let us know, as I'm going to miss them !!

crystal88 is offline Registered User

that's sad to hear, wonder why they didn't do well in Hk. I find that their location is far so i don't go there often.

ctrbabe1 Guest

I was just coming on to post this! I was there today. I asked one of the sales ladies if they were opening a new location, and she said no. A lot of the fabric is 50% off now. I'm guessing that a lot more of the inventory will be on sale after Christmas.

Very sad for me as I just bought a sewing machine last month!! I know there are fabric stores in Central and Sham Shui Po, but I really liked spotlight.

edited to add: I think that if their location was on HK Island, they would have had much more business on a daily business. I would certainly have gone more often! Megabox is a 1.5 hour trek for me. (one way!!)

Sleuth is offline Registered User

I think the location is the biggest headache. We liked it, but rarley went because of the travel hassles.
    B&Q was there, too and they are also gone. I wonder if Megabox will be there a couple of years from now.