Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Part Time helper/babysitter

@dorable is offline Registered User

Part Time helper/babysitter

Hey All,

Could anyone please give me any info whatsoever on where to find a part time helper. All I need is someone to come a few hours a day for a couple of days a week to just do some cleaning/ironing/washing.

I am hoping that it would also be poss for the helper to do occasional babysitting to??? I would like to know what my options are!
    I have no idea where to look. Help?!?

yonge is offline Registered User
    Referrals are the only way to find a reliable, legal, part-time helper. I know someone who used to work for my in-laws and is absolutely trustworthy, efficient and can do just about anything - she just helped me throw a part for about 30 people. She's now married to a pastor and is looking for part-time work while also interviewing for full-time jobs. If you're interested, PM me with your phone number and I'll get her to call you back. Thanks!

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    I just interviewed a local Cantonese lady today to provide cover while my helper is away for on Christmas and New Year. This was via the Employees Retraining Board.

The expected rate for a local domestic helper is $40 HKD per hour. The lady I met today had good spoken English language skills, so I'm paying her a bit more.

http://www1.jobs.gov.hk/eng/domestic/content.aspx

ERB - Smart Living

GovHK: Hiring a Domestic Helper

meowji is offline Registered User
    hey adorable,

when do u want the PT helper to start? My full time will start around early Jan, so my part time can be released then. She is very reliable and a fast worker. Let me know and i can ask her, i know she prefers to work in the morning.

rdgs

KKKK is offline Registered User
    most part timers I've met ask for $60 an hour - you may get better quality at that rate !

@dorable is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the responses..will look into it further.. but if anyone hears of any avaliable p-time helpers, pls drop me a msg.. I'm looking for long-term.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    HI everyone,
    I'm also looking for permanent part-time helper to come to do general household work for a few hours every day, if anyone got any referene, pls tell me

Thanks very much!

persephone984 is offline Registered User
    please send me a msg if someone needs a PT helper. i know a girl. she speaks really great english, and is great with kids. and she fine with house work. she can do night time babysitting too.