Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bigger baby cot/bed?

Little bird is offline Registered User

Bigger baby cot/bed?

My 5 mth old turns out to be a giant bb and I need to change to a much bigger baby cot. Any recommendation?

Some friends told me they use Pali, purchased from canada long time ago, around HK$3,xxx. I called Mon Bebe (Eugene club), the bigger sized one are around HK$1x,xxx or more!

Mon Bebe also recommend Micuna (spanish brand), similar price.

I am keen to change but the price is a bit overwhelming. Wonder anywhere anyhow I can order online and ship directly for a cheaper price??

My friends also suggest dont waste money now and just stick with the current one until 9-10 mths then switch to a kid bed and teach my bb to climb off the bed safely ...

Any tips, or anyone got old ones to sell, please could you shed some lights....

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    They are expensive, but it`s not a good idea to get a big kid bed for your 9 month old - you`ll see that he/she is still very much a baby and can`t handle that kind of bed and it`s actually quite dangerous.
    70x140 are the typical north american size. There was a thread a few weeks ago about someone wanting to order from the states because it was much cheaper. maybe you can search for that thread and contact him to see what ideas/costs he came up with.
    From what I have seen here, the Pali cribs are still only about 120-60 give or take, but not the large ones that are converted into toddler beds.
    There are always cribs being sold on asiaxpat and geoexpat - but not often the larger size. You can always keep checking the ads because they are constantly being updated.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    My twin boy just turned 3 and is still in his IKEA crib converted into toddler bed (bought in US) which is 136 x 75 cm (slightly larger than the HK version 123 x 66 cm) but even that should still last you quite some time. Both my girls were in big beds (regular twins) at 2 yo and my oldest was (and still is) 95% for height born 22 inches / 56 cm (she's now over 120 cm). She was fine in a standard 120 x 60 cm crib until age 2 and could have gone longer.

How gigantic is he, that he wouldn't fit in a normal sized crib?!

haha he is just 97% in height and just went outside chart for weight during last checking. our current bed is 66cm (but mattress is maybe 63cm?), and yes it still "fits", but he likes sleeping with arms wide stretch to both sides but now has to bend his arms. i just want to let him sleep freely, and thought it is worth the investment since he sleeps a lot during the day and night, and if we buy a bed that can be used for another 3 yrs.

tks both for your quick response - i will check geoexpat/asiaexpat and the earlier thread....

:)

btw, that IKEA US version sounds so good!!!! Pricewise I reaally want to get it from IKEA but their beds are so "standard" size here.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Shenzhennifer View Post
    They are expensive, but it`s not a good idea to get a big kid bed for your 9 month old - you`ll see that he/she is still very much a baby and can`t handle that kind of bed and it`s actually quite dangerous.
    70x140 are the typical north american size. There was a thread a few weeks ago about someone wanting to order from the states because it was much cheaper. maybe you can search for that thread and contact him to see what ideas/costs he came up with.
    From what I have seen here, the Pali cribs are still only about 120-60 give or take, but not the large ones that are converted into toddler beds.
    There are always cribs being sold on asiaxpat and geoexpat - but not often the larger size. You can always keep checking the ads because they are constantly being updated.
    Hello Shenzhennifer, I tried to search for that thread but no luck, wonder if you could help or give me some more clue? many many tks

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    looking for convertible crib

This is the one I was thinking of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast