Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Would you induce before due date?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I know exactly what you mean nicolejoy, I know lots of people who have husbands in the airline industry who have to travel for work and cannot guarantee they will be there. It is about weighing up the risks and making a very personal decision for your own circumstances. I would not have wanted to go through my first labour without my husband there and really don't want to do it this time by myself either. Still thinking about it but will speak again with my obs about the risks. Last time around my waters broke early and although labour had started, it did not progress as fast as my obs thought safe so needed induction drugs. I had an epidural at the same time (I was always intending to have one anyway) as my obs said it was a good idea to put in the induction drugs and epi at the same time. I have heard that there is a higher chance of intervention if you are induced. I needed ventouse with my first baby but he was very big so, according to my obs, ventouse would have been required with or without the induction.
    lovekiki likes this.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Just a quick update - my baby arrived naturally a few days later and my husband made it for the birth too. I had a very quick labour and birth, although this time I found the contractions just as painful as my induced birth (entonox gas didn't seem to work as well) and the pushing stage took more effort too (though probably because baby was much bigger and didn't engage until the last moments - all the nurses thought I might need a C-section because my belly was so big!).

starbucks2 - I hope everything goes well for you.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Congratulations mumsy. I am glad things worked out well for you.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Congrats mumsy and thanks for the well wishes. Even though this is second time around, I am getting nervous now. 3.5 weeks to go. Hoping I am not in hospital on Christmas Day!

Hope you are settling in ok.

Best wishes
    SB2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123