Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cathay Pacific - Bulk seat or Bassinet seat

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Oh and no problem with carrying water etc with me.

piper is offline Registered User

Hi Obiwan,

I assume you mean water for baby formula was a non-issue.
    I called CP and the bulkhead is not the bassinet seat. The bassinet seat is the middle row seats and the bulkhead seats is to the side(that's what booked for us). my bugs hates sleeping in strange places, so im thinking the bassinet seat might not be the best and the bulkhead with "more leg room" might be the best call. Bubs can sleep on me in the carrier and I can at least stretch out my legs(yaeah)...

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Hi Piper! Bulkhead seats typically refer to the first row seats with leg room, be it the side or the middle rows. So the middle row seats are bulkhead seats as well with lots of legroom. Some aircraft (like the Boeing 777) doesn't have bassinet for bulkhead seats on the side, just for the middle row. We are flying to Vancouver for Xmas so I've opted for the bassinet seats in the middle row. If the baby doesn't like the bassinet, we can hold her, but at least we will have the option to put her in the bassinet for the long-haul flight. We tried that last week on a 4-hour flight and she slept well in the bassinet. To give you an gauge of the legroom, my husband is 6 feet tall, he could stretch out his legs fully, have a few bags on the floor in front of him, and still have room for people to walk along the aisle (which is a nuisance).

Yup, water for baby formula was a non-issue. In fact, we were never stopped for questioning.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

Our baby is quite tall and was already too big for the bassinet by four and a half months so you may not need to be near the shelf. The other issue is that every time they turn on the seatbelt sign you have to take the baby out of the bassinet so in the end I found it easier to just have him sleep in my arms. Not so sure how it will work next week now he's seven months and nearly 10kg!

newbiekt is offline Registered User

A couple of other tips for flying are:
    - to take nappy change stuff in small ziploc bags so that you don't have to take a big change bag into the loo. i take a few of them so they are always handy
    - have more bottles than you think you need as it's stressful if you think you're going to run out
    - use huggies super dry nappies or similar so they don't get so wet
    - get one of those sleeping bags with holes in for the seatbelt so you can strap them into car/plane etc. easily

Hi Newbiekt,

I didnt think of the ziplock nappy bag.

GREAT tips!!!! Thanks!!!

bumbeeno is offline Registered User

Thanks for the handy tips! Hopefully we won't need to do a big change in those tiny aircraft loos :P I'm now leaning towards asking for the side bulkhead seats.

Yes, I decided to stick with the side bulkhead seats and hope that noone sits next to us--one can hope--- Im going to take a gamble. If not, I can take the bassinet seat in the middle but my husband will not be able to sit next to us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast