Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

First One!?

KCKMelb is offline Registered User
    Dr Google! lol love it. dreading dr spot has disappeared so feeling much better... and completely understand about the somedays feeling blurgh and somedays feeling good. best thing to do is relax and lap up the good days ; )

You enjoy your christmas also - looking forward to meeting you both over a (mock)tail in the new year!

superhappy is offline Registered User
    Would love to catch up with you as well Kristin.
    I have been living in Australia for the last 10 year and loving it;-). Will return in a few years time. Hope you are having a great xmas and say hello to every one from me LOL. I will be back in Hong Kong the beginning of Jan as well, so love to catch up with your both then. Going home for xmas;-)

I went to Grace Cheung, for my scan, she was fantastic. We were joking a lot and she was very funny and warm. LOOOOVE her. I could choose between Lucy and Grace and chose Grace because she is at the south side medical centre sometimes. I was 6 weeks and 4 days on the 10th of Dec.(same as you Mary;-)

I haven?t been sick at all (touch wood). I am trying to eat healthy, and am just occasionally eating chocolate and junk food. I don?t know if that is important, but seems to work. Grace told me that she did the same with her second baby and was fine, while she was very sick during her first pregnancy.

Congratulation to your both and I am very excited about meeting your both. Maybe we getting a little group together. What a great support that would be ;-)

Cat

JulyBaby is offline Registered User
    Hi all

I will be due in July 2010 and this will be my first one. I am currently living in Macau but I haven't decided to give birth in HK or in Australia yet. KCK Melb, will you be delivering in HK or in Melb? I still haven't been to a doctor for checkup yet, I thought ultrasound should be done in at least 12weeks of pregnancy but I notice that some of you have the ultrasound a lot early. Can you recommend any good doctor to go to in HK? I better book in for appointment soon.

Superhappy, your doctor Grace Cheung seems to be great, can you please provide her contact details to me? Do you know which hospital she works at?

Thanks

JulyBaby

Dear JulyBaby
    You need to go to a doctor for check-up first. They will then refer you to a dr who does the ultra sound. I went to see Christie Chan who is just so lovely. I then was given the choice between Lucy and Grace. The phone number to South side Medicare is (852) 2592 9000, but it is probably better for you to book an appointment at central. Grace is working there as well/ the number there is (852) 2824 0822.
    I was in Macau just a few weeks ago at a xmas party. We went to Antonios. It was lovely. Well, good luck with it all
    :-D

dear Julybaby
    I forgot to tell you that if you are unsure to where you want to get birth,(oz or hk) then I recommend that you visit the hospitals here in Hong Kong. They are very high standard, so I don?t think you will disappointed. You need to check if your health cover is covering you in Hong Kong. Check Mathilda, which is the 5* hotel-hospital which a lot of expats are checking in to. However, you have to check yourself into a hospital ASAP if you are going to give birth in HK. They fill up quickly. The doctors will help you apply for a place at the hospital

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Hey everyone,

I just found out that I'm expecting my 2nd at the end of July '10. My first is 14 months old - they'll be 21 months apart. We went and had the ultrasound this week and it was great to see the little (1cm long) bub with a strong heart beat - especially as we just lost one in July at only about 6 weeks along...

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys in the new year - but I'll have to bring my daughter along since we don't have a helper at the moment.

JulyBaby is offline Registered User
    Hi Superhappy

Thank you for your help. I don't have any health insurance so I will need to pay the full cost. I heard about Matilda but I think it will cost approx HK1000,000. I have booked in my appointment to see Dr Amelia Wong on Sat in Central, have any of you heard about her? My friend recommended her. For the first checkup, do you know what sort of tests will be done? I don't have HK ID so do you know approx how much it will cost for ultra sound and checkup? I am

By the way does anyone know friends that gave birth in Australia but completed the pregnancy checkups and ultra sounds in HK up until they flew back to Australia to give birth? I heard that you need to fly back at least 2months before the baby due?

Dear JulyBaby
    The I paid around $3000 for my check-up and another $1000 for my ultra-sound. Most doctors here are great, and you don’t have to stay with her if you don’t like her, but I am sure she will be great.
    You are not allowed to fly within the last month of your pregnancy; I think there are different rules for different companies. I have also heard that you can’t fly within the last 3 months of your pregnancy, but are not sure. I don’t think you don’t want to fly that late in pregnancy either in case you are giving birth early. My friend was 3 month premature and gave birth to a beautiful boy. She driving a car when the water broke. She managed to drive herself to the hospital 20min away (in Sydney).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Scroll to top