Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

First One!?

superhappy is offline Registered User
    Dear NicoleJoy
    What a beautiful baby girl. Looking forward to meet you both in January. Just let us know what is the most convenient for you. Not easy to travel far with a little baby, I expect ;-) Have a great xmas everyone and congrats with the new one

JulyBaby is offline Registered User
    Hi Superhappy

Thank you for the information, I will let you know how I go with the appointment tomorrow.

I love to meet up with you all in Jan next year, please keep me in the loop. I am working on weekdays so it will be great if we can meet up on the weekend.

Nicolejoy, Congratulation! I will be due in July too.

Cherry448 is offline Registered User
    Hi JulyBaby

I'm in the same situation with the no insurance and no Hong Kong ID card - it's a bit confusing trying to find out what we need to do. From what I understand it's not recommended that you travel in the last 3 months of pregnancy, but my partner works here and there's no way that I'm going to leave him to go home and have the baby. Our solution is to get hitched and get me the ID card so I can stay without worrying about visas anymore - you can't beat a good shot-gun wedding.

It'll be good to meet you in the new year.

It's exciting that the due club is getting bigger!

Mary

Just had a look on the internet about the flight query and I think I was talking rubbish about the 3 month thing. Apparently you should seek medical advice if you're travelling in the last trimester and you may be required to provide a medical certificate to the airline.

You should also check with the airline for their specific policy for pregnant passengers.

The other issue is travel insurance because pregnancy is a pre-existing medical condition.

It sounds like it's all red tape and that there is actually no evidence that flying has any specific risk for healthy pregnant people - it would just be a nightmare if you went into labour at 35,000 feet.

Hi Cherry, Thanks for the information. I went to see Dr Amelia Wong on Sat, she is quite nice and speak perfect English. She told me to let her know as soon as decided to give birth in HK as the hospitals tend to book out quite early. I had my first scan on Sat, it was very emotional for my husband and I. I can totally relate to all your feeing, we could hear the baby heart beat which was unbelievable. I was so excited, emotional and nervous at the same time. The assistant nurse tried to take my blood pressure twice soon after the scan but my blood pressure was quite high, she had to take another test after I calmed down hehe….The doctor gave me a due date, I will be due on 9th July 2010. I need to go back in 2 weeks time for blood test and ultrasound.

Have a joyous Xmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Hello, It is just amazing seeing the heart beat isn't it - if you're due on the 9th July you've nearly made it to the 12 week mark, which must be a great feeling for you.

I was wondering, when you went to see your doctor did she do any tests on you? My doctor hasn't taken my blood pressure, weighed me or asked about my partners family history or anything, and he has said that the only tests that I will need are the 12 week ones to check for Downs Syndrome and other chromosomal disorders. Has this been your experience?

I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something important by seeing this particular doctor.

Thanks

Hi Cherry

I am the same, I only had scan on my first appointment. The doctor gave me few important appointment dates that I can’t miss. I need to go back in two weeks time to have more intensive checkup, she mentioned that I will need blood test, down syndrome test and ultra sound. She also recommends flu injection. By the way, is it common to have the down syndrome test?

Have you told anyone about your pregnancy? I found it hard not being able to tell anyone. When eating out with friends, I have to come up with excuses for not eating sashimi, salad, raw food and seafood. I went shopping in HK yesterday and bought few loose fitting clothes, I am struggling to fit in any of my jeans, pants or skirts now! Is it just me or can you all still fit in your jeans? By the way, do you know where I can get maternity work skirt? I found that if I wear tight fitting clothes, my morning sickness will get worst. My morning sickness is easing off now which is great but I am still struggling to brush my teeth in the morning and night.

By the way, are you currently taking any pregnancy vitamins? I am currently taking folic acid and the doctor told me to continue, she told me that there is no need for me to take pregnancy vitamins until later on. Do you know where you can get pregnancy vitamins without vitamin A in it?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I just threw up on the floor of a restaurant! I thought I didn't have morning sickness until today - I was sooo sick all day and then... bam!! So embarrassed!! I never had that with my first.

I'm already starting to show a little, but I think you can only tell if you know I'm pregnant. It's sooo early to be showing - with my first, I was this shape around probably 15-16 weeks!! But I'm only 9 weeks now! My clothes are getting tight already.

I've been taking prenatal vitamins since before my first was born - I take the brand "Materna".

I'm away for Christmas so hopefully the sickness doesn't continue as bad as it was today! I want to have a great holiday!! My next scan is the 12 week one - I think they can see on the ultrasound whether there are indicators of downs... but I think the only way to be 100% sure is amniocentesis. I personally don't want one of those though!!

Merry Christmas everyone! And all the best with starting to head into the 2nd trimester (I'm already counting down the days...)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Scroll to top