Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

First One!?

khorana is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies and congratulations to all the moms to be!

I am 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby and would be really interested to meet up with other pregnant ladies to share experiences.
    My due date is 7.7.2010.

I am so excited to have passed first trimester already and am feeling very good...., no morning sickness just very sleepy during the first two month. But energy is coming back so let?s have a chat some day in January.....?
    Lunch or Tea..?

I am 35 years old, living in HK for 1,5 years now and originally from Germany.

Would be great to hear from You!
    Sandra

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Hi mums to be !
    I'm due with my second one on the 6th July (very close Khorana !!), my first one being 2 yo now, who is already borned in HK. We have no helper at the moment, but if we manage to get one in the next few months, I hope I can get some time free to meet some of you !
    About the questions for Down syndrome, it's generally proposed to mums who are 36 and over, and if all the factors are not good : family history, age, scan, % on blood test too low... doing it or not is a very personal choice.
    My doctor always take my blood pressure and weight (I could skip the weight though ;) but it's always better to make sure you take enough or not too much weight. Blood pressure is very important to check, on all close to the delivery.
    I wish you all to enjoy your pregnancy and a Happy New Year !!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i have my scans done at the Hong Kong Prenatal Diagnosis Centre ????.

My appt was at 12 and I saw the doctor at 12:15 and left 25mins with a scan done, blood test for down syndrome done (with results) and a DVD of the scan. I was shocked! I will be going back again for my 20week scan and probably an amnio for down syndrome, just because my blood test at my own doctor gave me a ratio of "89" whilst Dr Lam at this centre was "385" which he reassured was "normal".

Anyhow, they have a lab there and in fact the doctor I see sends my blood to this centre for testing, so I am sure they are very reliable. I paid $1000 for all the scan and blood test...

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    the diagnosis centre is in Central...

Unit 3102, 31/ F
    Henley Building
    5 Queen's Road Central

(right next to HSBC main bldg)

2877 3280

canadianmom is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm going to be a new mom in July - been in HKG for 4 years and originally from Canada. Would love to get a group together for a meet up - are you meeting already?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I don't know if some meeting are already organised, but I can propose something if some of you are free. As I already have a little boy, I can only look for some places where kids can play... what would you think of the coffee place in the Tree shop in Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau ? They have a small choice of cakes and make some tea/coffees/drinks, it's quite comfy and they have a small playroom for kids. Would Friday 15th around 2pm be convenient for some of you ?
    If you are interested, please send me a pm, and I'll keep the post updated.
    Hope to meet you soon, and that everyone is feeling good !

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I'm interested, but Ap Lei Chau is so out of the way for me!! I also have a little one so meeting where kids can run around suits me - my girl can last about an hour in a coffee shop/restaurant on a good day!! I'd prefer a coffee shop than to go to ALC though... Another alternatives could be a walk in the park (Victoria park or Quarry Bay... my girl is happier while moving, and there are plenty of places to stop while the kids can play too)... ?

Cherry448 is offline Registered User
    I can meet up on the 15th and I can travel to wherever is convenient for those of you with little ones.

I had morning sickness at 2am on new years day - so unfair to be the only one not drinking, and still ending up being the one with their head down the loo in the wee hours. Typical! I hope you're all feeling well.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Scroll to top