Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breech, chiropractor needed?

1stimemum is offline Registered User

Breech, chiropractor needed?

hi all, I'm 32 wks in and just found out yesterday that baby is in breech position. Dr has given me some exercises- tilting my pelvis- to do but I read online that a chiropractor skilled in webster's technique might be able to help.

I've spent all of yesterday upset and today i'm just trying to take action and see what else will help. I've also read about acupuncture but I'm not ready to have needles poked into me just yet.

Any mums out there with similar experiences they can share?

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Hi 1stimemum. My baby was also in a breech position for a long time, the doctor said to monitor the situation but not to worry too much about it. The baby indeed turn head down towards the weeks leading to delivery. Hopefully your baby will be the same. Just a note to cheer you up!

thanks obiwan, yes it was a bit of surprise but shouldnt have been, he was head up 3 wks ago too but i just assumed he would have turned. My husband is out of town till Sunday and thats also why I"m a bit of a rack..

Did u do any specific exercises to help turn the baby?

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    The baby moves around alot, so she can be in different positions at various times, but she will usually be positioned for delivery when it gets closer towards delivery. Mine only turned 2 - 3 weeks leading to my due date :) I'll say not to worry too much about it at 32 weeks, but if you are concerned, you should discuss with your doctor?

No, I didn't do any exercises at all.

Thank u. i do feel better hearing this. My dr has been great but I just couldnt help worrying yesterday.

i'll try to relax and just do the pelvic tilts and hope for the best.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    If you haven't had acupuncture before then I would seriously think about giving it a try. I think the needles may be less invasive than you think and more comfortable than someone trying to physically turn the baby. I have fainted at blood tests and find acupuncture fine! Try Troy Sing (sorry no number but search on here and you will find it) or Cecilia The (Tel 2537 1118). Cecilia got a friend of mine's baby to turn after one session at 36 weeks.

thanks newbie. i did try calling Cecilia but she's fully booked all next week and she's on vacation for 2 wks after that. I actually dont mind acupuncture myself but for some strange reason, feel bad about subjecting the little one to it....

its all in my head..

just for a laugh, baby's head is right now at 34wk size.... even though the rest of him is on track at 32 wks... my dr was saying if he keeps growing at this rate, maybe a c-section is not such a bad thing..... that the breech is mother nature's way of telling me so.....

i blame my husband's side of the family for this.....

moomoo is offline Registered User
    hi, just thought i would share my experience with you, not meant to discourage though.
    i m now in my 38th week and my baby is still breeched. hv scheduled for a c-section and of course, i m not too enthusiastic about it. but what's most important is the well-being of the baby..VBAC or CS...hv to look beyond that at this stage.
    my obstetrician was telling me from week 32 that baby is breeched but reassured me that i din hv to do anything until 36 weeks as there's still plenty of time for the baby to turn head-down naturally..and so, i didn't. my obstetrician was also telling me that my baby's got a big head (well..my hubby does hv a big head too) and that he's kinda gaining weight well and that for me to deliver a baby this size vaginally even if he did turned head-down, would possibly be tough for me.
    Anyway, at week 36, i researched on the internet and did all the 'natural' methods recommended like pelvic tilts, torchlight, music and what not and also rushed to look for an accupuncturist to perform moxibustion. Tried Gianna (Matilda), Troy and Cecilia...who were either out of town or fully booked for the week ahead. Like you, i wasn't prepared to get pricked by needles, so, a very nice lady at Vitality Centre (who works with Cecilia) taught me moxibustion and i went home to do it, and am still at it.
    Well, thing is, it hasn't worked for me thus far..but, am still hoping. I think if i had started working on the breech earlier on at say 33 weeks, something might hv worked. at 36/37 weeks, the baby is already big and there's little room left for him to manoeuvre (so the obstetrician tells me at week 37!).
    So, don't worry so much now. You still hv good time to work on it, just make sure you do get started and don't leave it till the 37th week like i had been advised to. Hv read and heard many experiences from friends about how their babies do turn eventually. so, there's good reason to keep your hopes high!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast