Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Clothes!

MishL is offline Registered User

Clothes!

Hi there
    I am starting to feel a little on the chubby side...I think I've got about two weeks left in some of my suits (I'm 13 weeks in), although some of my dresses should last longer I think.
    Can anyone provide recommendation for the best place to get maternity clothes in Hong Kong - affordable and good quality? I have seen a number of advertisements on the website that look promising, but am really after recommendations.

Thank you!
    Mish.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I bought most of my maternity clothes from H&M, and rather just buy from the maternity range I bought larger sizes in normal clothes.

I did buy some trousers for work from Linea Negra, but found most of the "maternity" clothes stores VERY expensive. H&M were better value for money. Zara also do a maternity range but its very limited on styles.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Most of my maternity clothes were from H&M maternity section. Wing On and Sogo department stores also sell them but I did not like their designs.
    Towards the end I was just buying larger sized tops, normal skirts with elasticised waistbands and maxi dresses from chain stores like Zara and Bossini.
    I found Linea Negra to be terribly overpriced.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    If you need office attire, you could think about having some maternity clothes tailored in Shenzhen (or in town if you want to pay more). I had a lot done and very reasonably priced. H&M is good for basics and they have some nice maternity jeans and wool trousers at the moment.

The well known stores are expensive but Bumps 2 Babes has some lovely Sono Vasso and Phlip & Pete maternity wear which is not too expensive.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    H&M Central hands down. Nice designs and very affordable.
    But half of my clothes were just regular stuff, upped a couple of sizes (except for the pants, of course). Just remember, when you`re really big it`ll be hot again and all those flowy tops and cute dresses will be back in the regular shops. For this season you might be able to get away with just upping your sizes and maybe investing in a few maternity bottoms.

MishL is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for your practical and helpful advice! H&M for me first, then perhaps to Shenzhen. And the flowy tops and dresses are a great idea...I will keep an eye on Zara. Thanks so much everyone!! Mish.