Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vagina Worries

bun in the oven is offline Registered User
    thanks to all for your honest replies:) obviously this is not what i will base my decision on. The c-section was brought up by my doctor because both me and my husband were very big babies (I was 10lbs and he was 9!). The baby is normal size now at 6 mths so hopefull all will continue well. as a first time mother you hear all these crazy stories so im glad i can post my concerns and get some good feed back:) thanks again ladies!!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    "... not to mention that first bowel movement 2-3 days after birth.... YIKES! i think i'll remember those for the rest of my life!
    (sorry to be so graphic!)
    Having been through a vaginal delivery with a big baby (almost 11 pounds) I can tell you that the first visit to the bathroom after a vaginal delivery is not that flash either!! Especially with stitches!

Still, I do agree with the above that, although I was terrified of the pain of a normal delivery (and a little worried how much damage a big baby would do on the exit), I did not want a c-section if I didn't need one. Being cut through so many layers just sounded more scary. A good epidural is the key.

Good luck with your decision.

SB2

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    And just on big babies generally, my second baby is due in a month and also looking to be a big baby (my husband and I are tall). My obstretrican has never said that a c-section was a requirement for me due to size - either this time around or last time. If I had known that my first baby was going to be so big, I may have considered other options but I managed ok with an epidural (but needed ventouse in the end) for an almost 11 pound baby so hoping the same will be true this time around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12