Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vagina Worries

bun in the oven is offline Registered User

Vagina Worries

I am pregnant with my first baby and as the date nears I am really contemplating having a c-section. I have heard from a few women that your vagina "is never the same" after giving natural birth. Is this true?? of course some of the people telling me this DONT have children and they are going off of hear say and stories they have heard from others. I have asked my friends that delivered naturally for their experience and thoughts on this and they say it all returns back to normal. However, Im not sure if they would admit it if things were not as tight down there as they used to be. I am not basing my entire decision to have a c-section on this of course, but it would help to have all the facts. Any honest info / experiences would be appreciated!

carang is offline Registered User
    as someone who had no choice in the matter... i want to tell you that a c-section is MAJOR surgery and should be considered as such. yes, it is commonly done... but it is STILL major and should not be treated casually.

how tight your vagina is after natural birth is not a question i've ever heard asked. i think that there are much more important things to base your decision on.

if you do your kegel exercises, you should be able to regain much of your "muscle strength". it is something you should be working on now. to help prepare you for a natural birth.

you wanted honest, and honestly i think your priorities are a little out of whack.

you should be basing your decision on what is best for the health of the baby and yourself, not on your future sex life.

(i hope you are not offended...it is just my opinion and i'm sure there are those out there that would disagree with me.)

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I gave birth to a 9lbs+ singleton vaginally (had 4th degree tearing) and then to almost 8lbs (each!) twins, also vaginally, and the second was also born feet first. I had 2nd/3rd tearing the second time.

To keep it short, I am OK, in every aspect. Your body changes after child birth, in general, but again, no problems whatsoever. I would never opt for a c/s for this particular reason.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Don`t worry, you won`t want to have sex again probably for a long time, so it doesn`t matter what your vagina is like.
    I also had an unwanted c-section. They suck, big time. Sooooo painful and the recovery time is long. My scar still feels strange and it`s been almost a year.
    I think you should step back and bit and think about what`s best for your unborn child and also the general health of your body.
    If it makes you feel better, you can request an episiotomy and ask that they sew you up a bit tighter than before. Then you can have a really wild lovelife;)

BabyG is offline Registered User
    I had to have a c-section but if I had a choice, I would have gone natural all the way. Like carang said, a C-section is Major surgery. Recovering from it is hell. Even laughing or coughing is excruciatingly painful. Healing takes ages and its been 16 months since then but I still feel some pains when I lift my legs or walked too much during the day- not to mention having a scar all your life!

I can't tell you if your vagina will ever be the same but I have heard from some that sex is even better after child birth.

carang is offline Registered User
    "Even laughing or coughing is excruciatingly painful. Healing takes ages and its been 16 months since then but I still feel some pains when I lift my legs or walked too much during the day- not to mention having a scar all your life!"

not to mention that first bowel movement 2-3 days after birth.... YIKES! i think i'll remember those for the rest of my life!
    (sorry to be so graphic!)

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi bun
    i delivered my first naturally and then had a caesarean the second time round.
    i would NOT worry about [email protected] t!ghtness and would not make a decision to have a caesarean based on that concern. after my first, when i did not have stitches, there was no real difference, and his head was on the 110 percentile. i agree with your friends, things were just as t!ght as before.

recovery from a caesarean is difficult.

i MUCH preferred giving birth vaginally.

good for you for wanting to gather facts before making your decision.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I had a naturally birth, with a boy who had quite a big head... We started to have sexual relations with my husband around 3 months after the birth, was not very confortable at the beginning, but mainly due to the tear and the healing. All came back to normal around 3 more months later, and when I say normal, it's normal, nothing different compared to before the birth... Every woman is different, but sincerely, there is nothing to worry about, at least concerning this subject !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast