Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where to buy wet napkin warmer

Portia is offline Registered User
    Starbucks2 -I use room temp wipes in summer, but in winter I sometimes rinse the wipe in hot water first or just scrunch it up and hold it in my hand to warm it up a bit first.

Veronika is offline Registered User
    Do you really want to waste energy just to warm up wipes? Seems strange to me. What do you expect from COP15 then?

carey is offline Registered User
    Good point, Veronika. I thought about that too.
    Using disposable diaper and wet wipers have done a lot of damage to the environment already. But these modern day convenience definitely make my life easier and give me more time enjoy my baby.

Plus many of these gadget for babies might not even work very well like in AmyH's case.

So, I probably check around and wait it out or use what I already have at home.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Well I've been using wipe warmer for the last 2 winters (Including this one) and plan to use it for my next baby too. I know many of my friends too think its useless but I don't :) How much electricity does it take anyways?
    Last edited by geomum; 12-18-2009 at 07:58 AM.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    We just use warm water and cotton pads. You can get square cotton pads (a Japanese brand) at Mannings or Watsons and then we just have a small bowl and a thermos of hot water next to our change pad and pour water into the bowl whenever we change our son. Easy as ever!

geomum is offline Registered User
    Wouldn't get my hands all poopy using cotton pads or as my daughter would say "Eeeewww......" :))
    Also depends if your child does a tiny poop or a massive poop, hard or runny and how many times of the day. With toddlers time is important too since they wont lie down patiently waiting for you to get a bowl and fill it with warm water.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    For the first few months we just used warm water and cotton pads too. After that it was wet wipes, but I never warmed them. I figured if you go out you can't really warm them anyway.

I was actually quite shocked when I came across a wet wipe warmer in Eugene Club, I thought those things would only exist in places like Alaska not Hong Kong.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    We never used one, though my husband suggested buying one when my son was born, as it was winter and he saw that his friend used one on her baby. At that time, I thought it was unnecessary, but I now feel bad for my little one, though if he`s in a good mood, he`ll just giggle at the shock of the cold wipe.
    I wouldn`t care about the electricity use - it`d be soooo minimal, but these HK apartments are not designed for lots of electric things (despite being this kind of society), so it`s just annoying to have to find a plug for one more item.
    I would never do the whole `hot water thermos cotton pad` thing. just thinking about the effort makes me shudder. I just want to get that diaper change over with as soon as possible, as does my son.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12