Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Settling in...

carang is offline Registered User

as i'm sure you know, the feelings you have are TOTALLY normal.

i've been here for almost 15 years now, and to be perfectly honest, i LOVED it before my kids were born. but now that they are growing up, i am having a more difficult time with it. i'm very glad that my kids have grandparents here (hubby's parents). but i do get a little jealous that they are so close with my kids whereas my family barely know them.

i still hit peaks and valleys every 5-6 months.... no way around it.

i, too, comfort myself with the thoughts that here we have two moderately successful businesses. if we were to move to canada (my "home") we would have nothing. not only that, i've been here my entire working life (came when i was 22). i DON'T know canada anymore. HK IS my home.

when i actually contemplate moving back, it scares the beejeezus outta me.

carang is offline Registered User

amyh... i would be up for a meet. we were sorry that you couldn't make it to the baking exchange! you missed out on some very YUMMY yummies!

@dorable is offline Registered User

Thanks for that Carang...

I guess with living here before i thought i may just settle right back in easier than before (as 2nd time u know what to expect!)

Its reassurring to know it's not only me! Thanks guys!

AmyH is offline Registered User

I know! I saw all the replies after you had all met up, I was more than a little jealous! I am feeling much better now thankfully and am heading to Ireland next sunday for a week and then UK for a week but when I come back on the 13th will definitley arrange to meet up. I will message you. We will have to organise some dinner or drinks or something and get a group together for a chat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12