Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yogurt for 9 month old

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    LeahH - what brand unsweetened organic yogurt do you buy and where can you get it? Also, where can you get the Yeobaby organic yoghurts? Thanks!!

csj
    csj is offline Registered User
    Hello,
    I've been giving plain unsweetened yogurt, fromage frais and greek yogurt to my son since he's 7 months as well (He's now 9 months), usually plain but sometimes with pureed/mashed fruits.
    I usually buy for him and I the Yeo Valley organic yogurt. You can find a 1kg tub at 360 on sale (usually on weekends) for $45 or at Oliver's on sale for $48. The regular price for 1kg tub is about $78, but about $48-50 in P'nS or City super for a 500g tub.
    You can also find Yeobaby yogurt at 360 but it's expensive compared to the 1kg tub.
    I don't buy the baby yogurts anyways as they seem a bit too sweet and in some of them they also add gelatine colouring, and stabilizers (E numbers...)
    Any plain yogurt is fine as long as it's made with full fat milk.

leelsahy is offline Registered User
    I tried giving yogurt to my girl when she was 8 month but she refused it after a bite's taste, probably she dislikes the little sourness or cold. She's now 1 yr old and I really want to introduce it at breakfast. How can I do so?
    (i tried yeo valley and few other brands :(

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    leelsahy - why don't you mix it with pureed fruit - then it will become sweet!

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    leelsahy - i was in the same boat and still am. tried all kinds. baby yogurt, plain, plain with pureed fruit... my son just refused to eat it. when the moon turns blue, he actually asks to eat it! he's 22mths now, and still has no love for yogurt or milk (other than breastmilk cos im still nursing him) for that matter.

geomum is offline Registered User
    I've been giving my daughter Yobaby Organic yogurt (Stonyfield Farm) since she was 6 months old. Its 60 HK$ for a pack of six (4 oz each). Its got more probiotics than regular yogurt and the ones recommended for a baby's gentle stomach, which is actually the reason I started giving her that. Also its not too sweet like other brands available for babies. Only downside is that its not available in Parknshop or Wellcome, only at 360 and Oliver's.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Yobaby is pricey at 360, however, they do mark it down regularly towards the end of the week, later in the day.

If the baby version is full price, I get the regular organic type. Today I got a four pack of Yeo Valley Probiotic organic yoghurts for $20. The big tubs of Organic Yeo Valley are good value as CSJ says above.

There is also a low fat yokids version for the over 2s and some with a little bit of cereal added which makes a handy breakfast if you are in a rush.

City Super sells organic yoghurts (baby and regular) also, but individually and at always exorbitant prices.

Speculator is offline Registered User
    I give my 7 month yr old Yeo Valley "Little Yeo's" pack of 6 x 55g. On the front of the pack, it states suitable for weaning 6+ Months. The special promo packs comes with a free colour changing "Magic spoon" which changes colour with heat/cold.

Cost only 55pence (about HK$6.6) with Tesco Magazine voucher for a pack of six from my local Tesco supermarket in the UK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12