Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

yogurt for 9 month old

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

yogurt for 9 month old

I would like to start giving some yogurt to my 9 month old as a snack or at breakfast. Is 9 months and ok age to start yogurt? Do I have to give baby yogurt or regular adult (plain) yogurt is ok? What brands are suggested for babies? Thanks!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I started at 7 months. I just gave him normal adult unsweetened yogurt, the kind just from ParkNshop, about $18 for large tub. At first I sweetened it with pureed fruit, but now he eats it just plain.
    Later I gave him the baby yoplait but he didn`t like it. I tried it too -tastes pretty yucky.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Shenzhennifer - Thanks! when do you give the yogurt? As a snack or after lunch and dinner as desert?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    At our park n shop, there is yoplait yoghurt that is meant to be "baby yoghurt" and suitable for supposedly 4 months plus - but it's about $45 for 4 little tubs. I started giving that to my daughter when she was about 7 months, but when she was maybe 10 months, I just switched over to regular yoghurt. I gave it to her generally as a snack between meals (she's always hungry at 4pm!!) but sometimes I've given it to her with other stuff for any of her three meals a day. Particularly breakfast... she loves it mixed in with her cereal!!

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    At around 9 months I started my son on normal adult plain yoghurt adding pureed fruit (pears, banana, kiwi fruit, mango etc) for sweetness and flavour. I also add ground seeds like pumpkin, linseeds and sunflower seeds. I usually give it to him for a desert after lunch and/or dinner.

I wouldn't worry about those special "baby" yoghurts they are expensive and sweetened with sugar. Its better to add fresh fruit to plain yoghurt for sweetness.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I started both mine at 7 months on Yeobaby organic yoghurts - they do have raw cane sugar in them, but less than the yoplait versions which contain refined sugar. I also use plain unsweetened organic yoghurt mixed with fresh fruit puree.

My 9 month old will have some mixed into cereal at breakfast, or as a milky 'dessert' after either lunch or dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureHKmom View Post
    Shenzhennifer - Thanks! when do you give the yogurt? As a snack or after lunch and dinner as desert?
    Usually for breakfast, along with fruit and some kind of grain. If I didn`t give it to him for breakfast, then I might give it as dessert for lunch or dinner. I give it to him for breakfast because I also have it for breakfast; I never eat yogurt for a snack. Just do as you would do, but it`s a nice and easy breakfast component.

Quote Originally Posted by LeahH View Post
    I started both mine at 7 months on Yeobaby organic yoghurts - they do have raw cane sugar in them, but less than the yoplait versions which contain refined sugar. I also use plain unsweetened organic yoghurt mixed with fresh fruit puree.

My 9 month old will have some mixed into cereal at breakfast, or as a milky 'dessert' after either lunch or dinner.
    LeahH - how much does the organic yogurt cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast