Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goldfish Anyone?

audlin is offline Registered User

Goldfish Anyone?

Does anyone know where to buy a goldfish in Hong Kong. Santa has promised one :0)

Merry Christmas!

carang is offline Registered User
    there are a lot of fish shops in mongkok, but there is also one in wanchai. you can get the entire kit at these places.

beware, though, that ours never lasted longer than a few weeks!

geomum is offline Registered User
    There is a fish shop in Kennedy Town as well, on Catchick Street where I got the goldfish from. Returned it after 1 week as my daughter was not interested in it, perhaps she was too little at the time. Also it pooped too much and the tank kept getting murky, not a pretty sight :)

audlin is offline Registered User
    Thanks for that ladies. Let's hope it last a bit longer than two weeks though.

Hope you have a lovely festive season.
    xxx

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    in case the two week expiry date is accurate and little one asks where fishie is before you can get a replacement:

1) fishie has gone swimming for the day with some other fishes is a good line that isn't quite a lie

2) don't buy an unusual looking fish. generic is good.

HAVE FUN.

carang is offline Registered User
    we were buying fish every two weeks like clockwork until my husband decided we were insane...then he got a turtle. that lived for about 4-5 months (until it got cold... didn't occur to me that the cold would kill it)...

from now on, we're sticking with dogs & rabbits!(kids and i would also LOVE to get a cat, but with the number of dogs we have, it is just inviting more chaos into our already chaotic home).

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    we have a tank at home which seems to last forever ( relative to the 2 weeks every one seems to be talking about here). I think if you buy the traditional goldfish with the swishy tail those are more delicate and die easily. We just went and bought a type of guppy-like fish which has florescent blue and red colours, they are sold in a bunch of ten/twenty and when put together in a 13" tank, it makes for an impressiev display.

What makes for longevity in the tank is the proper equipment ( filter, air pump,drops for warding off algae etc) and proper maintennance. Do pay attention to the fish food you givem try and avoid the ones from China , cheap as they may be. Those tend to cause pollution of the tank water. In general , those from taiwan are better quality.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy them for a long time !

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    if you haven't already got one...there is this fish shop in wanchai market ...opposite Hopewell Center, two blocks down from Pacific Coffee on the corner...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top