Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breasts have shrunk...

TeamNZ is offline Registered User

Breasts have shrunk...

Since my second child my breasts which were large (D cup) are a shadow of their former selves (large B cup) . I am really struggling with the change. Has anyone else had this, what did you do, did you do anything?

I am lucky enough to be back to my pre baby weight and very comfortable with my overall body but ridiculously self conscious about my breasts.

It seemed to take me so long to feel comfortable with their size (most of my adult life) now they have shrunk so much I find that I donot feel sexy, have altered sensation and am concerned they will shrink even more as I increase my exercise in the coming months.

The skin feels soft and they have really lost their shape what seems like overnight. Hubby has been very consoling and assures me he still finds me sexy but naturally has noticed the difference.

I know I need to come to terms with them, but wonder if there are any options out there (is this a crazy question?). I think surgery would be an extreme option (not to mention expensive) but if they shrank even more I/we would consider it. Has anyone else? Did this happen to anyone else how did you deal with it.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    i went from a very full c cup before children to a medium b afterwards.
    truthfully, i prefer the smaller size. i have more choices in what i can wear, and the smaller b00bs are more convenient for exercising. while they aren't as full as before, that's life. i would not consider surgery, but that's just me.
    as you get used to them, you may find you enjoy your new size and shape. from what you write, it sounds like you look pretty dynamite, so possibly you just need time to get used to your new (and still fantastic) silhouette?

TeamNZ is offline Registered User
    Dimsum mum, thanks your comment is sweet.

It is somewhat ironic as you are quite correct in many ways they are easier than fuller breasts no longer a need for 2-3 sports bras.... I just didnt realise how attached I was to them.

Klam is offline Registered User
    OOOoooo tell me about it, I'm quite a petite person with a B cup BUT since my 2 children, my boobs have shrank to an A cup...there's nothing there anymore! I used to hate wearing padded bras (made me look huge) but I now own a few :).
    However, I wouldn't consider surgery either as I have gotten used to them and now doing more chest exercises to try and help shape my boobs and give them a bit more life..ha ha

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Oh me too! I was once a B cup and quite happy with them, but after breastfeeding they have shrunk to an A cup. Even when I was pregnant and breastfeeding my maternity bras were still a B cup. Anyway I do find having smaller breasts easier to manage and you have more choice about what to wear, so while a little disapointed they are not as full as they were and have a few stretch marks I'm not resorting to surgery....although it did cross my mind!

and my hubby is still happy, so thats the main thing :)

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Perhaps it's not so much with the size, but the lift ... or lack of?

I went from a B to a C (when pregnant) and now back to my original B. Heard from many friends that they experience a significant droop after breastfeeding. One has gone for surgery to correct them, while the others mostly embrace them. I am of the belief that B's are better than D's :)

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    oohh - so nice to know I'm not the only one! After 2 pregnancies and over 2 years worth of breast feeding, I'm still trying to get over the loss of my cleavage! I was never big to begin with, but now they are hardly there. I'm not considering surgery, but I do want to get some bras properly fitted to make the most of what is left so to speak. Anyone know any good places? :)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Yeah, I don't have any direct experience to offer because I was the opposite--I had gradually climbed up to a B cup over the years (which would probably be considered a C cup by the way things are sized here in HK) but when I was pregnant went up to a C cup and then as soon as I started breastfeeding I was a large DD. I HATED IT! I'm so grateful now that I've started to deflate and am now a very small D or larger C cup. I still miss my B cup bras. I hate how flat and droopy they are too and have honestly considered saving up for surgery just to get them away from my belly button. But, then I've watched some videos of the surgeries and it kinda freaks me out--I'm afraid I would be one of the weird statistics that dies while under anesthesia or something. Maybe, it's better to just learn to cope and adjust?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast