Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

singing with babies

babysmoothie is offline Registered User

Unhappy singing with babies

My singing is terrible ... any suggestions whatelse I can do when playing with baby ?

:tmi

carang is offline Registered User
    babies don't care if you sing in tune or not. music is a wonderful thing for kids. my two kids LOVE to sing and know all of the words to probably 40 songs or more!

don't give up! if you don't like singing on your own, then get some kids' cds and sing along with them!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yup, they don`t care what you sound like, and really, how can they know? Anyway, since practice makes more perfect with singing, it will naturally improve.
    I sing all the time to my little one, I feel like my life is one long musical. And I am faaaar from a good singer.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    I agree they don't really care :) my helper sings out of tune but my baby loves her songs and yes babies do enjoy songs very much, it helps language and their motor skills (dancing) etc. I started singing to her since birth till now 15mths+. She loves music and regconise all the different songs and has a different "dance" to each :)

carey is offline Registered User
    I sing to my baby all the time although I am always out of tune or not remembering the lyrics. So, I either sing along a CD or make up my words. Like Shenzhennifer mentioned, with practice, your singing improves. Not that I really care. :)

My 7 month old stops wailing for a while when I sing to him. It works. so I would just keep doing it.

Keep up your good work.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Me too - I sing to my little one all the time - sometimes I'm out of tune (ok, a lot of times) and sometimes I forget the lyrics and make up my own. He loves it when I sing to him and it even stops crying and stops him from wriggling about when getting a diaper change! So for us it works wonders even though I am sure to other adults, my singing sounds REALLY funny!

carang is offline Registered User
    when my son was 6 months old the ONLY thing that would settle him down was someone singing "you are my sunshine". to this day, it's one of my kids' favourite songs!

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Talking about singing to your babies... Just sing and don't worry about the 'quality' of your singing!

I am always a music lover and I have so many CDs of different types of music at home, varied from disco pop to serious classical pieces. Since I have my baby boy 6 months ago, no joking, I suddenly became an "automatic singing machine" whenever I'm with my son. I just can't stop singing or huming melodies to him. Sometimes I even have to remind myself to TALK rather than sing to him. I sing many different songs to him, depending on my mood; but there are some songs I keep singing to him over the last 6 months. I can see he now can recognise some of the songs coz' he'll show a big smile when I sing those familiar songs. And, I realise when I introduce a new song to him, he will become very attentive to my singing. It's so nice to see these interesting reaction from your little ones. The latest one I sing is "How Much is that doggie in the Window".. Cute!

Cara: Coincidently, "You are my Sunshine" is also one of my favourites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast