Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Intnat'l Academy Distance Learning

carang is offline Registered User
    really? my kids both have canadian citizenship, but as hubby and i are both PR, my kids are HK PR as well. (they have the right to a "home return permit"), so are eligible also for a HK passport....that's why i'm a little concerned.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I spoke to EDB and as PP said, they pretty much told me to do what I want. As I am and expat then I don't think they will be too interested. At least that was what I was able to get out of them after a 1/2 an hour discussion about each of the schools in the area DD could go to, the number on the list she is to get into and what I thought of local school as an option.

I think I will seriously consider this in Sept next year until a place becomes available where we want.

I am pretty sure I can register DD with the Australia government and get curriculum milestones etc to follow so she is not being left behind. I could also talk to the two schools we are waiting for and get some milestones from them...

spockey is offline Registered User
    Oze Kid, the one with SA is more than milestones. You get access to a teacher one-on-one via the internet. You've got assignments to complete. Much like a distance ed uni programme! Could involve mum quite a bit!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    And they don't mind that you live in HK? i know that in Victoria you have to submit lesson plans in order to show how you are 'ticking' off what needs to be covered and you get assessed in other ways also.

I am not afraid of the work if it means DD is getting the education I want until she can get into he school I want. I just don't want to send her to a school for the sake of it. I want it to be the right school for her and for us.

Sorry to hijack your thread C.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12