Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Will you let your child/ren get the Swine Flu vaccine?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 31.11%
  • No

22 48.89%
  • Not sure

9 20.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Swine Flu Vaccine - yes or no

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Swine Flu Vaccine - yes or no

I just want to how many here would be letting their child/ren get the swine flu vaccine?

I am leaning toward doing it, but haven't fully made up my mind yet.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Also, for those who answered YES or NO, it would be great if you could share your reasons for your decision. Did your doctor recommend that you do so or did he recommend against it? Was it some literature that you read?

Thanks for sharing.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Only got the Flu Shot this season as we were moving back to HK just before winter from a full winter in Australia. Otherwise I would not get it for my kids - personal choice I guess, it only covers 5 influenzer strands and so many viruses are around.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    No, we wont' be getting the kid's swine flu vaccine as a preventative measure - the effects are just too unknown to warrant it from my perspective (both in terms of it's effectiveness if you contract swine flu, or what happens if you are unfortunate enough to have an adverse reaction).

If you want a VERY extreme view, look at Dr Mercola's website and literature on the jab and swine flu in general.

However, my 2.5 year old daughter has had the normal flu jab as she is the one who brings most sickness into our house! (my husband took her to get it - personally I would not have bothered).

chrissy2 is offline Registered User
    I vote YES, I think its would be pretty stupied not too, (not to offend anyone who doesnt want to) My little one got the Jab on Monday as so did I. I looked at it this way, if H1N1 virus can kill my son I would be pretty stupied not to try my best to prevent it. He hasent had any reactions at all to the jab, he was just sleepy the day he got it. My son has also had the flu shot as well, no problems he just got a little fever on the day of the shot, nothng a little medicine didnt clear up!

geomum is offline Registered User
    Anyone knows which private docs/ clinics are offering the jab? I would be getting for myself and my little girl.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    Anyone knows which private docs/ clinics are offering the jab? I would be getting for myself and my little girl.
    Just called Premier Healthcare and they are offering the vaccine, but of course the waiting list is long. So now can anyone tell me where I can get it :)

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User
    My husband, 22 month old daughter and I will get both the seasonal flu vaccination and the H1N1 vaccination this year. We don't usually get flu vaccinations, but this year we have our 2 month old son to consider. If he were to get any kind of flu, it could be very serious for him and I would really regret not having the rest of the family vaccinated if he contracted some thing that could have been prevented.

Geomom, check out the Centre for Health Protection website. It has a list of centres offering the swine flu jab, including private doctors.
    Here's the link:
    Centre for Health Protection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast