Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

tom lee or parsons toddler music class

reei is offline Registered User

tom lee or parsons toddler music class

hi,

anyone attended to music class / playgroup organised by tom lee / parsons music? i think they have classes for 2 years old. how do you find this classes compared to playgroups like kindermusik, music together and mymusikbox?

please comment. thanks.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    i went to 2 yo class at Tom Lee at MegaBox. was not impressed. facility was very ad hoc and crowded... BUT I still then let my daughter tried the 2.5-4 y.o class, coz they pay month to month, and was pleasantly surprised. My 4 y.o. is on to her second course at Tom Lee already. It's not over the top but she enjoys it.. and it's not too expensive.. So the 2 yo class not so good, I'm happier with the older class.

reei is offline Registered User
    kellyst, thanks for your feedback.

Mrs P is offline Registered User

Parson's horrible service

The first time I went to their school in Times' Square, the receptionist was rude and ignored me, then, when I asked them about their classes for my baby, they were reluctant to give me the information and kept insisting it was in Chinese, thus implying that it was not suitable for my mixed race child.

Then, someone who claimed to be the cousin of the school's owner persuaded me to try again. I did but the receptionist, though a different one, did the motions. In the end, I decided not to attend, but they are still insistent of sending me SMS even though I have specifically asked them not to.

samy-hk is offline Registered User
    I agree that tom lee's receptionists are all rude and not kind to people that come to ask informations. I have tried it at shatin, luckly the music teacher was very kind n nice.

baby09 is offline Registered User
    my daughter who is 3 did a session at tom lee. very local feel and she didnot understand the teacher who spoke all cantonese. Also the other mummies kept talking during the music session but the teacher didnt tell them to be quiet. my daughter speaks native english but her chinese is not good so she was clueless when the teacher talked in cantonese about the names of different animals etc.

anyway very different to kindermusik which she attended from 8months until she was 2 half yrs old. didnt bother to continue with tom lee after the course ended. now she is attending Kinderbeat a music program pioneered from australia, which is similar to kindermusik but caters for kids who are 3 and above, they then graduate into learning to read music bars and playing the piano. at the first lesson she already loved it cos the teacher spoke english and the songs were all about a kangeroo and monkey, who are the programs main cartoon characters that appear constantly in the program and the kids follow these characters every day adventures plus learn to sing and dance at the same time.