Antenatal checkup in public hospital
- 01-07-2010, 09:15 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Hong Kong
yeap.. carang is right. it is color and in DVD form.
- 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
Really! I was told you couldn't get the pics...hmmm. I'll try this out come Wednesday!
- 01-08-2010, 06:29 PM #11
at the tsan yuk clinic they had a little sign that you had to tell them BEFORE you went in and that it was $60 (but that was years ago).
- 01-08-2010, 09:00 PM #12
I think it's more expensive to get the pics now... or maybe it's $60 per pic? I can't remember... I was at tsan yuk too... but in '08 they did have signs (or maybe it was on the million sheets of paper that they love giving you) that you can buy them...
- 01-08-2010, 09:56 PM #13
i remember the sign. it was on the front of the desk, about knee level...i remember it because i only noticed it when i was sitting down on the chair waiting.
- 01-11-2010, 01:55 PM #14
About cost, I am going to the antenatal at TKO Hospital. It is free unless they do scan on you. So far I had 2 appointment. First on week 7 with the midwife. Second with a doctor on week 10, and will have my next one on next week at week 15.
- 01-11-2010, 04:18 PM #15Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
i gave birth last year and got free ultrasound scans done in QMH, referred by tsan yuk clinic. since i wanted dvd and photos too, i contacted lady helen woo women's diagnostic & treatment centre (http://www.hku.hk/obsgyn/clinicalServ/lhww/main.htm). their charges are mentioned on the website. they are nice over the phone and also in clinic so just call them up for an appointment/enquiry. the doc does the scan and gives you a dvd (with mini-clips and photos) after making the payment. hardcopies of the photos follow by post.
- 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM #16
aava, please don't type in blue.... it's very difficult to read.
gataloca, the local gov't system is VERY VERY cheap. for two troublesome pregnancies, i was hospitalised 13 times. spent about 2-3 months in hospital total, had scans at EVERY appointment, and extra appointments just for scans...
i paid less than $4000 TOTAL (two pregnancies... not each)
- By Shenzhennifer in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
- By ladypilot in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
- By alibali in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
- By kareena in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
- By Hkmuma in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:17 AM