Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for Canadian Moms and Kids in Area

kathym is offline Registered User

Looking for Canadian Moms and Kids in Area

Hi.

Not that I'm hung up on hanging out with my own type...I meet lots of great moms on the southside....but I am trying to create some continuity in my sons and my life and it would be great if Max and I could befriend some Canadian moms and kids.

We live on the southside, but spend 3 months in the summer in the Toronto area, and a month around Christmas. It would be so cool if we knew some other Torontonians who also move back and forth, or who at least might end up there someday.

Truth be told, haven't met one Canadian mom all year. Any Canadians over here on the Southside with an almost 3 year old? Give us a shout.

kathym

carang is offline Registered User

my daughter is almost 3 (in feb) and my son will be 5 (in feb). i'm canadian, but i've only been to toronto once.... i'm a prairie girl. not 'lucky' enough to spend so much time in canada...been here almost 15 years, so i guess hk is home now.

Well, glad to hear some Canadians are about. Are you on the Southside?

I was born in the prairies....but have all my family in Toronto now.

15 years! Well, you probably aren't even taking anymore friend applications....but keep us in mind if you are looking for some.

Kathym

Well, glad to hear some Canadians are about. Are you on the Southside?

I was born in the prairies....but have all my family in Toronto now.

15 years! Well, you probably aren't even taking anymore friend applications....but keep us in mind if you are looking for some.

Kathym

carang is offline Registered User

kathy, you'll soon find that one of the major drawbacks of hk (at least for me) has been that it is so transient. every time i think, "ha, i've got a really great group of friends now"... they up and leave!

in the past year, for the umpteenth time, 3 friends have moved back "home".

the other thing is, i NEVER expected to be here for so long. i came for a 1-week holiday and kinda got stuck (TRUE). i've now spent my entire working life here and although i would love to go "home" it scares the bejeezus outta me. i realise that the canada i left is not the canada today. i know that all of my friends there make a point of having time in their schedules when i go "home" for a holiday, but that they've had their own lives for 15 years and that i'm not truly a part of them. when i'm here, canada is home. and when i'm there, hk is home.

sorry! don't mean to be depressing... just one of those days! LOL!

i don't live on southside... i live in sai kung.

cara
    ps/ where in the prairies? i'm from 'toon.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Hi Kathym,
    I meet only 1 of your criteria - from Toronto (area, though moved there for young adult life), but live far from Southside (Tsuen Wan) and have a 1 year old. Oh, an I only make it back to TO once a year if I`m lucky. I envy that you`re able to spend so much time there.

jojokay is offline Registered User

hi kathym -- im canadian, from toronto, and live southside. we have been in HK for 3yrs and plan to move back there (i think/hope anyway -- my husband is english so could go either way, but he is quite open to giving it a try). i have a 19month old and am pregnant with my second, due in march.

let me know if youd like to meet for a coffee or something.

-jo

MaiYe is offline Banned

Vancouver, CBC, back to HK fr 10 yrs, and am living @ Tseung Kwan O (close to CWB/SK), 2 yrs old daughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast