Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can anyone give me thier views on the following Paediatricians?

Singstar is offline Registered User

Can anyone give me thier views on the following Paediatricians?

Hi

I am about to have my first baby and am in the process of trying to select a Paediatrician.

My OB recommended the following doctors:

?Dr.Mark Chan - Central Building, 1 Pedder Street,
    ?Dr.Richard Chiu - 33 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
    ?Dr. Joseph Pang - Hing Wai Building, 36 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong,

Has anyone used any of these doctors and if so what were your experiences? Any help and advice on how to select a good paediatrician would be greatly appreciated!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi
    I've only used Mark Chan: he's really nice, very professional, great with children and always gives you lots of other advice. The clinic always seems busy with lots of people hanging around in the waiting room, but having said that, we didn't have to wait too long.

We actually found it more economical to use a GP for the normal injections and coughs/colds etc. But if you're looking for a pediatrician, Dr Chan seemed pretty good!

Good luck!

mela is offline Registered User
    Agree with plumtree about Mark Chan. Very good with babies, doesn't over prescribe the drugs. I always managed to see him the same day if there was an emergency and he also gave me his mobile to call or text with any questions.
    I saw Richard Chiu once and he is also nice but I prefer Mark Chan.

Singstar is offline Registered User
    Hi Plumtree and Mela

Thanks so much for your advice and feedback! I really appreciate it!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    I saw Joseph Pang for my first. Some quotable quotes:

"A lot of first time parents do that" (in an appropriately patronising tone).
    "You can let your baby cry it out; it's good for her lungs" (when my 4 month old was turning purple and blotchy from bawling).
    "Your breastmilk is no longer providing all the nutrients your baby needs. You should supplement with formula" (at 6 mos, 8 mos, 12 mos - then I stopped going).

In fact, he's very pro-formula and his staff give away free packets.

Based on these comments, I'll leave it to you to decide if he's the right doctor for you.

HTH!

piper is offline Registered User
    Hi, I have been seeing Dr. Chiu since my baby was born (7mths) -- now now have decided that he not right for us. I quite like his "weird" look at first. But everytime my baby went in for a visit and I had ie, was he teething early --hence rubbing gums and fussy. I was told --just gave him some panadol. I was told this quite a few times..for every complain or "problem" .when I complained about a fussy baby. hmmm. Didnt sit well with me. And then the last straw was when I saw a little blood in my baby stool and after waiting for him for an hour -- I was the first appointment. He just took a quick look and said not to worry -- go home. Not "I will run some tests", or try to put a very worried mom mind to rest by explaining more.

Therefore, I stopped going to him.

Hope this helps!

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Hi, had a similar experience to piper with the same doctor, so I'm also in the process of changing paeditricians.

carang is offline Registered User
    just a question... why are you going to paediatricians? why not a GP unless there is a major problem?

my son ONLY went to a paediatrician once, because the GPs offices were closed at the time. my daughter has never been...only to a GP.

we've never had a problem with our GP and my kids quite like him. he's great with kids and charges 1/2 what the paed does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast