Baby food recommendations
- 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM #9
i tried several and in the end my baby has not liked rice cereal AT ALL so we just moved on to pureed stuff...
- 01-13-2010, 03:19 PM #10
i often mixed a little of the puree into the cereal.
- 01-13-2010, 05:23 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- South District
i used what was available - i was too picky about organic stuff, but if you prefer that stuff is available at Jason's and Taste too...it's finer and easier to digest I guess, in my opinion, so if your baby needs that then you've got that option. mixed in banana with in ...but didn't really start until 6mths when milk wasn't filling enough...
- 01-13-2010, 08:30 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
I started on solids when my son turned 5mths, just with rice cereals at first and I added pureed pumpkin to it after a week. Rice cereal is supposed to be a good starting food since it can be easily digested and most of them are fortified with iron as iron starts to deplete when they are 5-6mths old and hence you need to increase their iron intake.
It helps to make a big batch and freeze in small portions and just take out whatever you need everyday (call me lazy, I make rice cereal in bulk as well!). I have a lot of fun feeding the baby, but, it does get messy, really really messy..........
- By carang in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 14Last Post: 06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
- By pixelelf in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2008, 07:00 PM
- By clowe77 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 8Last Post: 09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
- By jamesandsimo in forum Baby TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
- By kellyst in forum Baby TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2006, 04:48 PM