Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breastfeeding pillow

babyat23 is offline Registered User

Breastfeeding pillow

Is it really better and easier to feed ghe baby with a breastfeeding pillow?

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    If you are sitting up to feed the baby then you need your arms supporting. The function of the breastfeeding pillow I to support your arms while you hold the baby and so the pillow can be helpful. But you can also get support for your arm from a normal pillow, a cushion, the arm of the chair or your legs (if sitting on the floor).

As with nearly all breastfeeding products it isn't necessary - we have after all been breastfeeding for thousands of years without special products. But specially designed products tend to be a little easier to use and so people are willing to pay the extra money for them.

I had my first child before such products were invented and so have never used one - but I still managed to successfully breastfeed my babies.

Best wishes,
    La Leche League Leader

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i breastfed my first without one without any problem.

i got one second hand for my second and LOVED having it. i had " my brest friend".

it is not necessary at all. i just liked it.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    Tseung Kwan O
    I found it useful in earlier days when my baby was small. I think when she was bigger like after she could sit independently at 6-7mths, I found it less necessary. Like the others said, it was a nice "have". Btw mine is still very new and if you like I can sell to you at a good price. Please PM me, thks

nino is offline Registered User
    Happy Valley
    I also used "my brest friend" and loved it. I tried using regular pillows for the first few days, but found it difficult to set things up and get comfortable. I used the "brest friend" pillow until my daughter was about 5 or 6 months. One problem I had was becoming too dependent on the pillow and having difficulty getting comfortable feeding her while out and about.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I never used one, I just managed with cushions and normal pillows. My son was tiny (2.4kg) at birth so I did find I needed the cushions to get him into a comfortable position. Once he grew bigger and was easier to hold I didn't need them. I would just give normal cushions and pillows a go first, you may find they work just as well and it will save you some money.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I found them more annoying than helpful, and I was worried about becoming dependent on them too - my suggestion would be, try breastfeeding without them and if you're having a hard time getting comfy or if you are using cushions a lot, then maybe it's good for you. I never even used cushions though... maybe they're better for people with a long torso?? *shrugs* I always found that anything, even cushions, made the baby too high...

solidstars is offline Registered User
    my son's 9 months now and I still use ours, it's just so much easier to get comfortable than pillows/cushions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast