Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

PEKIP or Gymboree?

lbs23 is offline Registered User

PEKIP or Gymboree?

I am thinking of enrolling my 6mths old son in either PEKIP or Gymboree. Gymboree was recommended to me since they have classes in Sydney as well. I do realise that they are quite different in nature, but taking his age in consideration, which one is better for him?

Neha is offline Banned
    pekip is only till 10 months. Gymboree u can do for a much longer time. U could do pekip now and then later join Gymboree

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Pekip is actually until "walking" --whenever that might be. I would suggest that you do Pekip first, then Gymboree afterwards. We did Pekip and absolutely loved it.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    these are two pretty different programs....i've never done PEKIP, but my friends who have - have either loved it or hated it. Perhaps you can observe one first? Gymboree is pretty standard around the world. I think though I might agree with Buckeroo - PEKIP first since your baby is only 6 months and Gymboree is very active and I think your child gets the most when they are crawling/walking around the equipment. Additionally, we did not chose Gymboree (chose Panda Junction instead) b/c it was mostly helpers so you might want to also take that into consideration. Panda Junction had a good balance of both mothers and helpers.

lbs23 is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll go with PEKIP first and see if they offer a trial class or something like that.
    What about Baby Buddies? Has anyone been to or enrolled in Baby Buddies classes? Are they any good?

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Pekip don't offer trials, but it is a fantastic programme. I did it with my first until she was walking and am now doing it with my son (10 months). We did MyGym from about 8 months with my first also (same as gymboree)