Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Choices - where to go?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I couldn't sleep - and eye patches/ear plugs just make me uncomfy... and I found the visiting hours very isolating. I wanted to be with my husband, not sitting on my bed by myself...

I actually want to see if I can get an early check out this time. I would totally do a home birth, if they were easier in Hong Kong. But if it was an option, I'd give birth and go home 12 hrs later. I think that I'd sleep better and have better support. I personally don't see the need to be in hospital for that long - particularly if I have people around me at home and if it's my 2nd child, I know what "normal" is so I would know if I started bleeding more than normal or if there were other problems. I know though that it's unlikely for the hospital to want to release me that early but I want to be released as early as possible...

carang is offline Registered User
    i know a woman (we were neighbours in db and in the hospital at the same time) who was delivering #4. she came in, delivered and was gone the next morning.
    don't think she took no for an answer, besides after having done it 3 times previously, there wasn't much they could she her about taking care of a newborn.

I know it's always possible to leave against medical advice (hospital isn't a prison after all), you have to sign forms saying that if you drop dead it's not their fault etc... I don't know if I would be THAT pushy though... I'm generally not that hard-ball!! I can't say I'm not tempted though...

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    I gave birth to my 1st on a Monday night at QMH and left Tuesday lunchtime.
    I did have a very straight forward pregnancy and natural delivery (with epidural).
    They made sure I was seen by a Dr. and baby my paed. but they didnt make me sign anything to say I was leaving against medical advice. They asked why I was leaving and I told them the truth: I felt I would get more rest at home in my bed with my home comforts and husband around.
    In fact they were great, they called me every day to check how I was and the anesthetist also called me. they arranged my 1 week check up at Gvmt clinic before I left QMH.
    So if it is what you want, you wont have to be pushy at al....

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Even at hotel/hospital Matilda this time, I was keen to get home. I missed my son (#1) too much.

I agree re the cost of it all going private. If we didn't have insurance I would have been at Queen Mary.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    In private hospital, they offer the price in a package. I think I read that for normal delivery was like 4 days stay, while for C-Section was like 5 days stay. It seems to me that 4 day stay for a normal delivery is too much. Do you know if I could leave earlier if I deliver normally? Would the price be the same???

I recently asked a few of the private hospitals that question, and either a) you would pay the package price and leave early (no discount), or b) you can pay a non-package price (ie pay for everything individually, but this may actually end up being more expensive even if you stay a night or two less).

This was Matilda's reply:
    "Patient can ask their Doctor for an early discharge from hospital following delivery. As long as the Obstetrician and Paediatrician are happy to discharge both mum and baby, then they can leave after assessment and discharge by the doctors.

With regard to charges, patient still pay the package price (as we only accept package booking), but if patient have booked a private room they will get only one night for not used reimbursed. "

I can't find the responses from Adventist or Canossa, but they were quite similar...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Scroll to top