Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cow's milk? What type do you give your baby?

solidstars is offline Registered User

Cow's milk? What type do you give your baby?

i know there's a lot of discussion on formula VS cow's milk, in my mind, formula costs a lot more than cow's milk, and i drink cow's milk, so am thinking about introducing cow's milk to my almost 1 year's old (thinking about weaning him off BM by then)...

Just wanted to get other moms' thoughts/ideas on good products, etc? I don't know about PURA, it seems to taste better in Australia as opposed to the HK one. I just drink regular Nestle one so was thinking of finding him a 'added calcium' version...

Also, would really appreciate any ideas on weaning babies off breastmilk and onto other milk!

carang is offline Registered User
    actually, we worked it out and for us, formula was WAYYYYYYY cheaper. we looked at how many bottles we could get out of a can of formula and what we paid vs what fresh milk cost for the same number of servings.

the only thing i will say though is that babies & children need the FULL fat milk, not any kind of skimmed milk.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    really? carang what type of formula are you using? as we were looking at some formula cans and on average they cost about 200 per can? Some of my relatives say it's normal to spend up to around 800 HKD per month on formula?

we used cow & gate. they were around $150/can, maybe $170....but our daughter LOVED it! until she was 2.5 she drank around 4-5 FULL oz bottles per day. there is no way we could allow her to drink so much if she were drinking milk. (a 1.8l jug is about $40. it would have lasted us about 1 day with her...)

our girl has always loved to eat/drink... still does, but we broke her of the milk habbit back in september.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    We use Masters Milk from Australia. I don't trust the local stuff, as it must be all from China (well, I doubt there is a dairy farm in HK). Given the recent milk powder scare, the standards in the dairy industry are obviously not high enough if they are killing their own babies.

I agree with Cara, surely formula is cheaper per litre?

actually there is a dairy farm in hk... the trappist dairy. i believe it's on lantau.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    yes - i use trappist dairy...but I do mix between that at Pura since i don't want too much hormone from any one type of milk...who knows which one is really good, but i figure as long as there is not a high concentration within the system, it's safer. kowloon dairy is also local, the ones from nestle are made from powder imported from australia...so technically a milk drink and not really milk....

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Clover organic milk (at Wellcome, 360), A Canadian organic brand at City Super and I keep long life organic in the cupboard for when we can't get fresh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast