Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

interest classes for a 3 year old

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

interest classes for a 3 year old

my son is already 3 and he is going to a local kindergarten, what interest classes do you think I should enroll my son in at this age, probably take him for a few hours on Sat, any ideas?

Neha is offline Banned
    Lots of choices depends upon what he likes. U can try swimming, My GYM, Socatots, Musical Theatre, Art & Craft( Kids Gallery) , Language classes etc

Lots of choices

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    I'd vote for the swimming. Seems to have more useful applications throughout a lifetime than most others.

rani is offline Administrator
    We did swimming and socatots at 3.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Dear Sandy0741

I wasn't sure if you were asking about what activities to do for fun or what activities to do to build up your son's portfolio for entry into brand-name local primary schools? If for fun, I'd vote for things that you can do WITH your kids, especially if you're working outside of the home
    during the week. We like to go to Ocean Park, fly kites on the Peak, go to the Stephen Hui Geological Museum in Hong Kong University and fishing in the reservoirs (you need a license, HK$30 for 3 years). However, if your concern is building up a portfolio, you might want to take a look at the portfolios of some of your friend's children - I did and it really opened my eyes to what some children (and their parents) go through. There, the emphasis is on awards and achievements, so it's best to select things that can distinguish your child quickly and frequently. Most programs will offer your child a certificate of some sort upon completion, but there are other ways, too, such as sports, music and volunteering as well as activities sponsored by churches or community centers. It's best if it's something that you can both enjoy. FYI, my elder son started violin and swimming at 3. He loves violin, but actually dreads swimming, but as a non-swimmer myself, we think it's important. He's going to SIS, so we didn't have to build a portfolio. However, I have seen portfolios with 5-10 "subjects" listed. Good luck!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    What kind of portfolio can a 3 year old build? Shouldn't he just be playing sports or doing other fun things like that?

I am thinking of building his portfolio too, if he hasn't got one , then it would be difficult to put him in a better primary school, I want to enroll my son into some music classes, have you got any ideas, I live near Sheung Wan.

Dear Yonge,

you said your friend's child has 10 subjects listed, I don't quite understand this, do you mean the courses he enrolled in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast