Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New in Hong Kong, help!!

carolyndrewery is offline Registered User

New in Hong Kong, help!!

Hi there! I have just relocated to Hong Kong from UK. I have a 4 and half year old son and a 9 month old son. I am living in Shatin near New town plaza and was wondering if there are any other mums around this area that I can meet for coffee and a bit of advice about Hong Kong life ie: kids facilities, helper, playgroups etc. Hope someone can help!

flower pot is offline Registered User
    There's not a lot of kids facilities in Shatin. You can bring your kids to Snoopy Land. Not a lot of playgroups in Shatin either. You may consider HKPreschool. There's one campus in Shatin. In terms of helpers, you can look for some helpers that have just completed their contracts. Ask them to perform some tasks such as doing chores during the interview.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm sure there are a lot of things in sha tin, but most are in chinese. (it is after all the area of hk with the largest population.)

i live in sai kung but drive through sha tin nearly every day. my son will be 5 in a few weeks and my daughter will be 3.

i've been here for almost 15 years. if you're interested, maybe we can meet up next week? i'm working until 12 on tuesday, so we could do lunch....

just let me know.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We're in Fotan (one train stop north) and have a 3.5 year old ans 1.5 year old. Free on most days, so let me know what is good for you. Next week Tuesday AM and Thursday PM are not good. Keep in mind we travel with the kids.

Wow! thank you so much for your quick replies carang and sleuth. I would love to meet up, I'm free all week apart from Friday so I can fit in with either of you no problem. I live very near to New Town plaza and also the Shatin Park next to the river which seem to be a couple of good places to take children. I would really appreciate some other mums advice.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Just sent you our phone number via PM, so call and we'll set something up for next week.

OK great I'll call you at some point today or tomorrow. :]

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    Hi carolyndrewery and sleuth, we are also in fotan,i have a two year. old daughter and would love to meet . W are busy on mondays and wednesdays as we go to a playgroup on these days, Any other time is fine with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast