Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Repulse Bay/Stanley to CIS

ABC(D)inHK is offline Registered User

Repulse Bay/Stanley to CIS

Anyone's kid(s) doing this commute from the South side to Braemar Hill?

Is it doable? How long is the commute?

1. By school bus? or
    2. By taxi/private car?

Researching where to live that combines lifestyle and minimizes commute time.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

My daughter goes from Tai Tam to QBS (opposite CIS), it takes about 30-35 minutes. They go Eastbound and only have stops at Manhattan, PV and Red Hill. It's not too bad. Not sure whether they east- or westbound. Traffic is definitely busier going westbound.

ABC(D)inHK is offline Registered User

oh wow. didn't think of going eastbound (I assume Tai Tam Rd). what time does the bus pick your kids up? Assume a lot of families live in Pacific View or Manhattan?

btw, tai tam and stanley are such nice places to live....having so much trouble deciding whether commute is worth it.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

They pick up at 7.23 am, schools starts at 8.15 am. They take Tai Tam Road. If all goes well, they'll get there around 8 am, but sometimes bus is late. CIS starts earlier, their bus leaves earlier as well. Because it's so busy at Braemar Hill (first CIS then QBS), they have them start at different times, but so many times I end up behind a huge traffic jam of drivers / parents dropping off kids for CIS, that it takes forever to get up. Most QBS kids (80%) come by bus, so it's usually quicker.

For us, the commute it's worth it ... and my daughter doesn't mind the bus at all.

mermama is offline Registered User

Tai Tam or more central?

We're also deciding where to live, Tai Tam is our first choice but I'm concerned about the commute. From the Pacific View how long to get to Central?
    My daughter will be turning 4 this summer - what schools in Tai Tam are recommended?
    This is such a wonderful forum, I've learned so much already! Thanks to all of you with lots of experience who post. Much appreciated.