Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Osteopath Hong Kong

Regina F is offline Registered User

Osteopath Hong Kong

Hi Hong Kong mums and dads,
    My baby has had reflux for about two weeks now, and I feel I should take her to a doctor. I've heard an osteopath can help, there is something called a cranial treatment. Does anybody have similar experiences, and can you share a contact or recommendation for a doctor?
    Thanks so much!!

sunrays is offline Registered User
    My daughter has had quite a bit of cranial work done, not for reflux but other issues.

Initially we saw Veronique at the vitality Centre Tel : 9100 0355. She helped with her torticollis.

Later she saw Cheung Sze at IMI Tel: 2523 7121. She really helped with her frontal bossing and dislocatable hips. I also saw her when I fell on my coccyx and she sorted out the problem in a couple of sessions. She is an osteopath.

I've not taken my daughter, but I went to see Bobby Chan at Natur Path Tel : 3110 1018. I am pregnant and had very bad back pain, in 2 sessions in completely sorted it out. He does cranio work as well as reiki.

All of these practitioners are good and do not cause you any pain when they work. Plus my daughter always had the best night sleep after seeing them : )

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I went to IMI too when my son had reflux. After 3 months of sleepless nights and worry, everything was right after 4 sessions... just wished I went there earlier !

hbrand is offline Registered User
    Hi there, I went for cranial therapy with my newborn on recommendation from a friend. I saw Leone Booth OT&P at Shui On Centre in Wan Chai - 2824 9112. I can't recommend her highly enough. My baby was breech and we needed to go back a few times, but I could swear that her therapy had a lot to do with the next year of baby bliss I've had. He's rarely every cried since (seriously) and had extremely good sleep patterns. It could be coincidental but given his head was all squished inside in an unusal spot, I think she was magic.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    We saw Leone as well. She was good but we saw more results with the other therapists. Could also be because she had already had so much work done that is was more fine tuning.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Carolyn Rhodes at the Body Group is great, as is Ines de Beer at OT&P - for reflux and other problems with both my kids.

It was wonderful and helped a lot with the other issues we were having, however for the reflux I would have to say that medication was ulimately the most sucessful route.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I have heard that Dr Thondup is very good at diagnosing and treating reflux, but haven't been to him myself. He's certainly popular. I went to Elaine at Balance Health for cranial osteopathy - she is fantastic. My son loved his sessions with her and they seemed to really help. I would return without a moment's hesitation.