Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which room should I choose in Matilda hospital?

maydec is offline Registered User

which room should I choose in Matilda hospital?

Anyone who have experience at Matilda hospital can give me more information about these three type of room: 4 beds, 2 beds, private. Only in private room family member can stay over night. Is it necessary to have a family member at night?
    Thanks a lot

carang is offline Registered User
    how much is your budget? EVERYTHING costs more if you go "private" room...

i went to the public hospital and it would have been nice to have my husband be able to stay with me overnight, but it wasn't necessary.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I think for most people it's mainly a question of cost and privacy. If you can afford a private room then it's certainly nice to have quiet time with your new baby and family. Sometimes you get lucky and no-one shares the 4 or 2 bed rooms. Other times not so lucky and it can be pretty noisy. I delivered at 8pm so it was really nice to have my husband with me on the first night with the new baby. If I'd delivered in the morning I'd have been quite relaxed if he'd gone home. The "bed" is a fold out from an armchair and is not the most comfy contraption!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I agree that it is a cost assessment. If your insurance will cover a private room then definitely go private. I went private for my first baby and was lovely to have hubby there all the time. Second time around (1 Jan this year) we went for a shared room (2 beds) as insurance had a $ cap so not enough for private. Was ok but was very noisy and you are being woken by two babies on different time schedules. Also it is a small area so felt conscious of the other person when you have visitors etc. And I never watched the TV as it would have disturbed my roommate. I had my laptop so watched DVDs on that with earphones. It was a very different experience in a shared room than my first time at Matilda. Also because it was our second baby, my husband needed to be at home to look after our toddler.

SB2

maydec is offline Registered User
    Thanks for information. I didn't have exactly budget. My insurance can cover most of bills if I choose 4 beds . If I choose private room. I need pay more by myself. Just want to know if it worth to pay more for a private room.

Thanks

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    It is a HUGE difference in price between 4 beds and private and if I was paying the difference myself then I don't think I would pay it. It is such a lot of money for 3 - 5 day stay when it is coming out of your own pocket.

carang is offline Registered User
    then look at it this way... would you rather be out of pocket up to $50,000 or use that money to take your baby "home" to visit relatives in the future?

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I had a private room as I wanted the rest and privacy, it was my first baby, I was having a c-section and I wanted my husband to stay. My insurance covered a twin room but I was happy to pay the extra for a private room.

I think it comes down to cost and what type of person you are, some are fine with sharing but it just wasn't for me at this time. If I was having a second baby I would probaby share and try and go home early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast