Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

parents may not be so safe after all

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    On the lighter side I never thought HK was safe with so many people ignoring and pushing past an obviously pregnant women with a toddler in one hand :)

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Rani, maybe you could delete the false story about the IKEA abduction? - if someone doesn't read further and realise it's a hoax, they will be scared out of their wits, plus circulating the story to other friends.

Also, can anyone verify the first story. Sounds like another urban legend to me...

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Tung Chung, Hong Kong
    this kind of 'news' is always circulating around since I was a child (I am a local and I grew up here), nothing to worry about.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Urban legend, that`s funny.
    BUT - if it serves the purpose of scaring us mothers so we pay more attention to what is happening around us, then it has done a good thing. Kidnapping is terrifying, especially in all this hustle and bustle of a city.
    Yesterday I think a man was leering at my child and then possibly took a picture of him with his mobile. He just looked dodgy, this guy. We all have to be careful.

On a somewhat related note, I just read about a toddler that fell to his death at the Toronto airport this past November. He squirmed out of his mother`s arms and fell over the balconey to the floor below, very far. His parents were taking him to Argentina for his Baptism. Devastating. Anyone`s worst nightmare.
    We can allll be more careful...:(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123