Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where did you get your helper?

curiousmummy is offline Registered User
    Hong kong

Where did you get your helper?

Hi All, I am at wits' end as to where to look for a helper.
    I need someone who's finished contract and willing to start immediately. The problem is most of the helper would like to return to their home country first.
    I tried Sunlight, Overseas agency, Asiaexpat helper list, and still unable to find one.

Any one has any suggestion?

coco1 is offline Registered User

I had a good experience with using the asiaxpat agency (ie not just looking down the list myself but paying a fee for Evelyn Reyes to find suitable candidates- see their website). They found lots of good candidates and I found them much better than the other 2 agencies I tried, also the maids didn't have to pay them anything. Good luck in your search

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    I know several people that have used Emry with success. Try them.

woodstock07 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    It takes time to find the right one. I used Asiaexpat and called a total of 25 candidates, arranged for 5 interviews and only 2 showed up. I would recommend that you speak to the former employer on the phone for reference checks. Of the 2 I interviewed, I was prepared to sign on with either of them (both v experienced with babies, cooking chinese food, been in HK for a long time) but after speaking to both employers, I decided not to get either.

Some people on this forum were quite happy with the agency called Arrows.