Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Stroller and carseat purchase - help?

canadienne is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Stroller and carseat purchase - help?

We are looking to purchase a stroller here with a snap-out carrier and hoping that the carrier would be able to be belted in in cabs and minibusses. Anyone know if such a thing exsts?

Also, we will be travelling through North America this summer. Is there any advantage in trying to get the same brand/model of stroller and carrier as our families get (in both strollers and carseats)?

What do people do otherwise with babies on busses here -- leave them in? Fold up and hold them? I'm a beginner, help!

Princess101 is offline Registered User
    I think the bugaboo bee and maxi cosi car seat looks like a popular option here. The problem with strollers and Hong Kong is that they don't mix well! If you go to central you want the smallest stroller possible. I brought my bugaboo cameleon out here and have never used it. I recently bought a Maclaren Quest and it is pretty good for the narrow busy streets. If you have the money, I'm afraid I'd get the lightest, smallest stroller possible for Hong Kong and something nicer and sturdier for the US...

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    for travelling on buses strollers are a nightmare as you need to fold them up and carry the baby (and the stroller!)
    A baby carrier such as the ergo is a life saver in HK.

cesh is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I have a bugaboo chameleon and a Graco car seat. you just buy the attachment for the pram. I LOVE using my Chameleon in HK although it's been mainly on the island. The big rear wheels allow me to get up and down stairs more easily than I can in our umbrella stroller. But if you do want to go with an umbrella option, the Peg Perego's are good. But their car seats are probably one of the heaviest. I agree about a carrier on buses, but my daughter doesn't sleep well in them, so it means I can only do short trips in that.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    We used a Baby Bjorn or Maxi Cosi (with a Quinny stroller) when the baby was small and then when our baby grew out of these, we bought a Sit n Stroll especially for travelling in taxis, cars and planes.