Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going Public?

pnut is offline Registered User

Going Public?

While pregnancy symptoms are similar for many women, and it's wonderful to share in those experiences together, I'm writing to see if anyone due at this time is planning on going through the public system?

I am, and have had a wonderful experience with registering and check ups up until this point. Going through Queen Elizabeth in Yau Ma Tei. Due about 1st August.

Would love to hear how others are doing, going this route!!

yonge is offline Registered User

We're trying for our third and am planning to go public. Will keep everyone posted!

Gataloca is offline Registered User

I am going to antenatal on both private and public system. If everything goes right, I would like to deliver on a private hospital (Union Hospital).

If anything abnormal comes out (like early delivery, some problem with the baby, etc.), I may deliver at a public hospital (as I may not have to worry about the insurance coverage). I am currently getting my antenatal at TKO hospital. I am assigner to United Christian Hospital for delivery.

BabyG is offline Registered User

Congratulations pnut! I just got back from my doctor's appointment and I am also due on August 1st.

I am also planning on delivering at QEH because my hubby's company decided to cut out maternity benefits. I haven't registered or done anything on the public route and would love to hear others experiences as well.

superhappy is offline Registered User

Hi, I am not going to the public hospital, but I am also due the 1st of August. I have heard good things about the public and private hospitals in HK. Infact, if something goes wrong, then you are safer at the public hospital, because they have all the right equitment. Congrats everyone ;-)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I'm due just days away from you (28th of July, but by ultrasound maybe 30th - not that it makes much difference anyway!!) - it's my 2nd, and I went to QMH for the first, this one I'm going to Pamela Youde. My health insurance wouldn't cover the cost of private here in HK and I can't justify paying out of pocket. The public hospitals, while they are not as comfy, are perfectly adequate!!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

i'm going private but at a public hospital. the public hospitals here are very well equipped (and more so than some of THE best private hospitals for giving birth) so it's really really good for the baby! :) Good luck with everything!

Gataloca is offline Registered User

I am kind of thinking about going public for good. I have a pretty good insurance plan, and will have a good coverage... but after reading some of the comments here, about how in the Union Hospital they don't encourage to latch on the baby right after birth and bounding with your baby, is kind of turning me down.

I am attending to antenatal classes at United Christian Hospital, and on last class they just talked about the process of giving birth. It was nice that they explained that after the baby is born, they would put it on your bared breast, so that you will bond with your baby, and also allow him/her to breastfeed, if the baby feels like doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast