Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

curious: carrier and going to the loo?

solidstars is offline Registered User

curious: carrier and going to the loo?

i've always wondered about this but never had the opportunity to ask...

when you're out alone with baby in a carrier (which I sometimes do), how do you go to the toilet if you need to go???

Say the baby is a few months old and can't even stand straight (mine can now but i still haven't figured out the whole toilet/with carrier thing if it's not a special baby room)... how do you go to the toilet if there's noone else to watch the baby?

just for discussion's sake i use the ergo carrier...

reei is offline Registered User
    oh, you'll managed. i use the ergo too. my baby is 17 months old now, she can stand on her own, but last saturday one of her shoe fell off.. and was missing, so i had to carry her in the ergo while i struggled to undo the belt and jeans..
    hehe.. difficult but you'll managed,, best if you wear track suits,, or long skirt.

tstmum is offline Registered User
    Yep, you'll manage, even with baby still in the carrier (I have experience with both Baby Bjorn and Ergo). Definitely easier in a skirt, but jeans with belt is possible.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Ha ha, this is a good question! It is amazing what mom's have to figure out how to do. Nobody gives us credit for the strange positions we find ourselves in.

I also use the ergo carrier and have since my daughter was 6 months old. You just have to figure out how to bend forward enough to get pants down! I even had to do this last week in an airport with my now 22 month old and it still works! Good for those thigh muscles....

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Just hope they're not squat toilets!! Picture that??

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Once at a workshop in Japan my daughter was unwell and she wanted to spend all day in my arms. I had to do everything with her in the sling. I remember going to the toilet and her little feet knocking the buttons on the side. All sorts of things started to happened under me! I'd often wondered what all the buttons on a Japanese toilet were for and now I know.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    How high/low do you tie on the waist bit of the ergo? Mine's around the lower hip area and I haven't been able to manage taking off my jeans though? Also baby is now 11 kg...

I imagine it might be easier in a skirt, i'll bear that in mind next time I need to go out alone with baby!

and yes! how do you go if it's a squat toilet/really dirty?!?!? At least in japan the toilets are modern/clean!

reei is offline Registered User
    with the ergo, i fasten it around the hip area.. yes.. and when i need to,, just pull up the ergo bit, till the waist area ..
    then after that.. just adjust it back to the hip area..
    i think it is quite impossible with a squat toilet.. and if the toilet is really dirty.. i wont bring bb in.. just HOLD IT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.. till you find a decent toilet..:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast